How can we improve our languages?

Need ª and º symbols in portuguese layout

Hi, please insert the symbols ª and º in the portuguese layout. I can reach the symbol º, but the ª doesn't appear any where. We use it a lot to simplify writing some words like "primeira", looks like "1.ª" and so on.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
     Vitor Vitor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Igor SennaIgor Senna shared a merged idea: Add the symbols ª and º to the longpress A and O, in the Portuguese (BR) Keyboard Layout  ·   · 
     Vitor Vitor shared a merged idea: You don't have the portuguese equivalent to st (first) or th. That's a small a or o in superscript. Please make that inclusion.  ·   · 
    Luis AbreuLuis Abreu shared a merged idea: Missing chars for the Portuguese language  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gabriel SantanaGabriel Santana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys, you need to fix this issue! More than a year to handle this little thing? In Portuguese we express our cardinal numbers by putting the symbol º (for masculine subjects - "Ele é o 1º da turma" - "He's the 1st in class") or ª (for feminine subjects - "Ela é a 1ª menina que chegou aqui" - "She's the 1st girl that got here"). Please fix this for us! Thanks.

• Gabriel SantanaGabriel Santana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys, you need to fix this issue! More than a year to handle this little thing? In Portuguese we express our cardinal numbers by putting the symbol º (for masculine subjects - "Ele é o 1º da turma" - "He's the 1st in class") or ª (for feminine subjects - "Ela é a 1ª menina que chegou aqui" - "She's the 1st girl that got here"). Please fix this for us! Thanks.

• Sérgio SilvaSérgio Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wanting this as well, it's stupid to have to rely on 2a instead of 2ª for example...

The degree symbol instead of º is passable, but the other one is a glaring ommission

• HugoHugo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ° found in the layout actually is the degree symbol. I miss º and ª too.

Language model feedback: Portuguese (PT) - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base