How can we improve our languages?

Spanish Inverted punctuation ("¿" and "¡") position

Change order of exclamation and question marks in the Spanish version of the new punctuation button

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Martin Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Oscar C.Oscar C. shared a merged idea: The ¿ and the ¡ are still the default punctuation symbols, when it SHOULD be ? and ! instead.  ·   · 
    SergiSergi shared a merged idea: rearrange Spanish punctuation  ·   · 
    Gaston FuseauGaston Fuseau shared a merged idea: Spanish Inverted punctuation ("¿" and "¡") position  ·   · 
    Aitor LopezAitor Lopez shared a merged idea: Spanish Inverted punctuation ("¿" and "¡") position  ·   · 
    Leandro VegaLeandro Vega shared a merged idea: Spanish Inverted punctuation ("¿" and "¡") position  ·   · 
    FedericoFederico shared a merged idea: Spanish Inverted punctuation ("¿" and "¡") position  ·   · 
    AlfredolpAlfredolp shared a merged idea: Rearrange Spanish Punctuation  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No this hasn't been completed... Not the way I understand the suggestion. The ¿¡ are still in the way of easily sliding to the ! The comma is in the way, and also has its own key. The period is also in the way, which, yes, is its own key when you don't long press. That's FOUR unnecessary marks in the way. Easy fix... If all of the posts about this were merged, there would be millions of votes ¿

• Vladimiro GonzálezVladimiro González commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing. I get "?" when sliding right as desired, but sliding left gives me a "¡" which I almost never use (particularly when messaging!)
        Please change it, or give an option for it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just downloaded Swiftkey and I added the Spanish language from America Latina, but i dont see the order of the punctuations have changed. I would like ! and ? to be the defaults for left and right

• EL BARTOEL BARTO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking for a way to hanger this and I also highly suggest the same atheist previous user. Even though in correct Spanish the first symbol is ¿, when typing in a hurry its rarely used and an English punctuation is preferred

• Juan Pablo AguilarJuan Pablo Aguilar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree... I use the keyboard in spanish I don't use the ¡ or the ¿... It just annoy because I can't use the ! or the ? just by sliding left or right...

• Aitor LopezAitor Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello (Again).

It can't be *this* hard to add an option to revert the silly, slow, press-and-slide-towards-the-right-exclamation-mark-that's-way-too-far-from-the-popup-source spanish layout to the normal, ¿¡-less one for fast input of ? and ! like the rest of the world does.

Other users keep saying the upside down ones are commonly used. Yeah, maybe if you're writing a letter to the Prime Minister or something. So far I've NEVER used them. And I keep asking myself why do I have to waste so much time to add an exclamation mark, when the useless ones are sitting right within range of fast-sliding and are never used.

Please. Just a little option, y'know. Something like, dear Spanish users, do you wish to have the extended exclamation layout or the simple one? That must be two, three lines of code, tops.

• CristianCristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This! It's very annoying, in spanish it's very uncommon to use the symbol ¿ in sms or chat, Atleast give us an option to change the layout to a standard QWERTY.
        Thanks

Language model feedback: Spanish (ES) - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base