Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    OlafOlaf shared a merged idea: qwertz  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please show the umlauts öäü in the german qwerz layout.  ·   · 
    MicaMica shared a merged idea: A german keyboard would be great!  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must have feature. When will you implement this. Its way to slow to press and wait.
        Your prediction is of course great but I want that choice.
        Thanks

• Or Twin Or Twin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallo,
        ich würde mich sehr freuen wenn im deutschen Layout der qwertz Tastatur die Umlaute äöüß eigene Tasten wären, so wie es bei einer deutschen Notebook-Tastatur ist - jeder Buchstabe ä ö ü ß als eine einzelne taste. Schreiben wäre viel einfacher und alle deutschen Nutzer wären auf einmal glücklich. Danke.
        Grüße aus DE
        Or Twin

Hello,
        I would be very happy if in the german qwertz-layout keyboard the german umlauts äöüß are separated keys, as it is on a german notebook keyboard - each letter ä ö ü and ß as a separate key . The swipeing is much easier. For non-swiper it is also easier to write. Al german user would be happy. Tanks.
        Greetings from DE
        Or Twin

• DD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is good! The Swedish keyboard has these keys directly on the keyboard, and typing works fine!
        Another alternative would be to have 2 Swiftkey keyboards: one with Umlaut-keys, and one without.

• PitPit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least the Umlaut longpress popups should be consistent, for ö, ü and ß you need to swipe left and for ä right.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallo, Cara84 is right. But I would not be happier using smaller keys than now. Special keys for ä, ö, ü, ß are needed. Or the offer of special keys would be reduced or reducable to the language related items by long time pressing. The actual offer is too big. But what about a keyboard layout that i can fill with my own keys?

• Cara84Cara84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried already and the german qwertz layout still have no ä ö and ü on this layout. only with longpress. for german keyboard exists a lot layouts with qwerty, so replace one of them in a qwertz+ ä ö ü and everybody can choose himself.

• Christian KaiserChristian Kaiser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But this update removed the emergency-solution of the sliding popup to get Umlauts if they are not automatically done!

• F.S.M.F.S.M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No! no no no, please. Seype had this once and it was the worst idea ever: Now, ä ö ü is recognized in words if you just type a o u. If there were special keys for ä ö ü, you had to type more. So: NO!

Glaub mir, es war ein Swype ein Debakel - und zum Glück direkt im nöchsten Update wieder verschwunden. Das willst du nicht wirklich!

• MicaMica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thank you very much for the advise, it wasn't clear, that the icon is a button!
        great work with the keyboard, was definitely worth buying it!

Language model feedback: German - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base