How can we improve our languages?

Romanian sugestions of Swifkey for words that starts with special characters

In Romanian, there are those special characters (Ș, Ț, Ă, Ă, Î). Swiftkey X apparently does not take this into account when predicts. At least the prediction of those special characters is not very good. If I type an "s" it usually predicts and "s" even though an "ș" would be much more likely (for example „și”= „and”, but SwiftKey suggest „si”=the musical note). You might check your prediction algorithm regarding the special characters.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gabriel R.Gabriel R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest version is much better but still has some of these incorrect guesses every once in a while. (I also have French and English enabled so I assumes some of these are false positives.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The prediction for other common word with special characters is not very well implemented. SwiftKey suggests first the form without special characters instead of the ones with special characters. Here is an example:
        -și (and)/si (musical note: do re mi fa sol la si do)
        -în (in/inside)/in (a herbaceous plant: Cannabis sativa)
        -să (verbal particle, like „to” in: I want to know)/sa (polite posesive pronoun: her or his)
        -că (conjuntion, „that”: I know that you like me)/ca (comparative particle „like someone/something”: this looks like a flower.)

and many adjectival form for feminine geendered object/persons (unknown/known form):
        plăcută/plăcuta
        iubită/iubita
        inspirată/inspirata
        cunoscută/cunoscuta
        etc, like in the example below:

Cunoscuta melodie (the well-known piece of music)/ o melodie cunoscută (a well-known piece of music).

Language model feedback: Romanian - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base