How can we improve our languages?

Some weak pronouns are not properly detected

Catalan is a pretty hard language when it comes to the weak pronouns. Some of them work well, but there are others that are not detected as an entire word. Let me explain it with an example:

If I write "passa'm", after I write the "m" Swiftkey underlines the entire word, so it thinks it's just one word. This is good because once it knows the word, if I just write "passam" it corrects it to "passa'm".

If I write "fer-te", after I write the last "e" it just underlines "te", so it thinks you have the word "fer" and the word "te". Because of that, once it knows the words, it doesn't correct me if I just write "ferte".

You can find all possible weak pronouns in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_personal_pronouns

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarcMarc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SwiftKey Dev TeamAdminSwiftKey Dev Team (Admin, SwiftKey) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have improved the Catalan language model in SwiftKey 4 to include many more hyphenated words. Please ensure you have upgraded to SwiftKey 4 and updated your Catalan language pack. You will also find that SwiftKey can now learn new hyphenated words, so word forms that do not exist in our default language model will be predicted if you frequently use them.

• SergiSergi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most important feature missing for a really great catalan language support

I think that a simple fix would be to just consider "-" as a normal letter character, this way swiftkey would remember the word and correct you in the future.

There is no real need to add more words to the dictionary

Language model feedback: Catalan - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base