How can we improve our languages?

Disable accents in Spanish

There should be an option to disable de use of words with accents in Spanish. Not all phones can manage accents, so by having the proper suggestion for the correct word in Spanish, but without an accent, would be awesome! I have found that some phones can't handle accents, so when I text to those phones they just get symbols and no text at all.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DioshyDioshy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DioshyDioshy shared a merged idea: Issues with accents in Spanish  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Character replacement  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ManoloDFManoloDF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this idea, My problem is not as much that some phones cannot receive accents, though now that is a concern, my issue is that when using accents instead of 160 characters it becomes like 50 so any message becomes 2-3 txts and is just annoying for person receiving. When just disabling accents would be amazing!

• Thiago H. SantosThiago H. Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome to me also. When you use words with accents on sms's, the 140 character limit drops to 70, wich make me constantly send small messages over two sms's or manually substitute the characters with accents... Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated.

3. Language model feedback: Spanish (ES) - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base