How can we improve our languages?

Predictions are written in UPPERCASE if the first letter of a sentence is ÎĂȘȚÂ - or other special characters

Predictions are written in UPPERCASE if the first letter of a sentence - the first word is ÎĂȘȚÂ - or other special characters. For example if i want to write "Încă o dată" - One more time in Romanian, the predictions for Încă are showed like ÎNCĂ.
This bug does not repeat itself for the second or later words, or if the first word starts with a normal letter!

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Olimpiu-Cristian MihaiOlimpiu-Cristian Mihai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  SwiftKey Dev TeamAdminSwiftKey Dev Team (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

We have started working on this issue and we intend to make a solution available soon. Thank you for your suggestion and keep watching this space for updates.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Olimpiu-Cristian MihaiOlimpiu-Cristian Mihai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I stated before after upgrading to Gingerbread I don't have thid problem anymore, and Swiftkey 3 fixed it completely for me.
        What Android version you use?
        Have you tried upgrading your language model (Languages - menu button - update language)
        Have you tried deleting the word from dictionary? (Long press on the word and select delete)

• COOPCOOP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is another problem, „Îți” (translated: to you) is always suggested capitalised. Even if I delete it and then re-enter it un-capitalised.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is not gone. I use 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) and use to type in Romanian and German. The problem is still bugging me.

Ăsta is suggested ĂSTA („this” in English)
        Über is suggested ÜBER („over” in English)
        Please fix it.
        It is annoying.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I am on 2.2.2 and I get uppercase letters for the first letter in a suggestes german word most of the time in the middle of a phrase. This is very annoying!

• Olimpiu-Cristian MihaiOlimpiu-Cristian Mihai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I upgraded the phone to official Gingerbread 2.3.4 and now the problem is gone... after you type the second letter the predictions are ok... Still a lot of people use Android 2.2.2 so this could still be a problem to some people!

Language model feedback: Romanian - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base