How can we improve our languages?

Bulgarian BDS layout

I bought the SwiftKey Tablet X but unfortunately found that the Bulgarian language does not offer the official government layout standard in Bulgaria - BDS (translates to Bulgarian Goverment Standard). SwiftKey offers Phonetic layout for Bulgarian which is used by some users but many others like me use the BDS layout.

More information about the Bulgarian BDS standard here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#Bulgarian

470 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    George GeorgievGeorge Georgiev shared a merged idea: Buglarian: BDS layout  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bulgarian (Traditional)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Bulgarian BDS  ·   · 
    SteffSteff shared a merged idea: BDS layout  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Bulgarian BDS  ·   · 
    Peter PetrovPeter Petrov shared a merged idea: Bulgarian BDS layout  ·   · 
    Yuliyan KaloyanovYuliyan Kaloyanov shared a merged idea: Bulgarian BDS layout  ·   · 
    Stan Stan shared a merged idea: Bulgarian keyboard - BDS layout  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: BDS Bulgarian layout  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Bulgarian BDS standard  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add Bulgarian BDS layout support  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Sarah ReynoldsAdminSarah Reynolds (Support Representative, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Hi all!

SwiftKey Cloud (4.2) has now been released to market and includes an updated BDS layout following government guidelines.

If you have previously purchased SwiftKey, you should be able to update for free (use the same account and app store).

See our blog post for more info: http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/swiftkey-cloud-launched/

Thanks for your support!

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teodor MarinovTeodor Marinov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought the Tablet version, but I found a problem with the new BDS layout in landscape mode.

Please see this link: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1262/f7t1.png - there is no "ц" letter. Upper right row must be "к с д з ц" but instead it is "к с ke д з". In Bulgarian there is no letter "ke".

I hope this mistake will be fixed as soon as possible.

• Dimitar PanayotovDimitar Panayotov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought the app. Even though it's still fantastically easy to use with the Phonetic layout (and I am using BDS all my life), I believe adding the BDS layout would make it hands down the best keyboard app ever for all Bulgarians. Right now, lacking this layout makes it little hard to operate for people used to the official governmental standard (the BDS).

As a developer I can't imagine that being that hard to implement. Added my 3 votes. Please make it happen.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been "under review" for almost a year and a half now !!! And there is no adequate response or anything done to be fixed !!!

LOL this is a great example of the totally inconsistent support provided by "SwiftKey Customer Support/Dev Team"...

When it comes to getting our money for the paid version (I am one that bought your paid versions both for mobile and tablet and I start to feel sorry that i did it) you are quite fast... but when it comes to fixing an important issue... you'll probably need two years !!! I am totally disappointed with you.... really...

And here are two more links (in English) that may help you in providing an exact BG BDS layout...:

http://www.proz.com/forum/bulgarian/160486-bulgarian_keyboard_layout_question.html (This one is a short forum discussion about BG layouts)

http://www.methodius.org/Bulgarian_Keyboards_ENG.pdf (This one is the official BG layouts standard as published by BG Authorities. It is a PDF file as you can see)

I hope the fix will hit Google play really soon....

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And still nothing. Year and a half later.
        This is an example of .... support. I don't really know want wort to use that is not an insult.

• Petar PetrovPetar Petrov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want BDS support. Please implement it in future updates. Otherwise the app is not usable for many Bulgarians.

Your application is pretty good, but I'm really disappointed by the lack of support for the most common Bulgarian layout. I should have seen this topic before buying the app. Respect your customers, it shouldn't be such a big effort to make this change...

• Radoslav Danev (AuxRane)Radoslav Danev (AuxRane) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with you. They should add the BDS standard layout because there are a lot of people using it (including me) and when they see SwiftKey doesn't support it, they won't buy it (just like I didn't).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update? Please, I bought this app and it is still unusable for me, without adding a simple BDS option... I am bumping this, hopefully someone will do something on the issue. Its been over a year since it was brought to your attention...

• MetodiMetodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After 14 months, still no progress! You claim that enclosing Bulgarian language, without the official Bulgarian BDS layout. Should we have to wait another 14 months? Shame on you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought the swiftkey 3 since it's on sale and I'm pretty dissapointed for no BDS on Bulgarian language. I don't think it's such a big deal to include one - you will only gain from this. Please, pdo something about it. In the meantime I cannot use the SK3...

1 year since we asked for this and still nothing. :(
        I don't know what to say. Shame.

← Previous 1 3

3. Language model feedback: Bulgarian - Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base