Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JonathanJonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Unexpected caps midsentence  ·   · 
    J MillerJ Miller shared a merged idea: Forced capitalization not easily fixed, despite support's assurances  ·   · 
    JJ shared a merged idea: Unable to delete predictions.  ·   · 
    Richard BurvillRichard Burvill shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    J. Giezen J. Giezen shared a merged idea: Dutch word "we" suggested with uppercase mid-sentence, even after deleting from suggestions.  ·   · 
    Miguel Miguel shared a merged idea: Writing ok but autocorrects to OK  ·   · 
    bEbE shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Daniel MascioDaniel Mascio shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Do not predict not working  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Niels Niels shared a merged idea: Capital letter bug; Dutch language  ·   · 
    JamieJamie shared a merged idea: Auto Correcting incorrectly  ·   · 
    Victoria MacMillanVictoria MacMillan shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Unexpected caps midsentence  ·   · 
    Jory SmithJory Smith shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Pierre OssmanPierre Ossman shared a merged idea: Unexpected Capitzalized Words midsentence  ·   · 
    LucaLuca shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words  ·   · 
    Jérémy D'AuriaJérémy D'Auria shared a merged idea: Unexpected Capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Annie GirardAnnie Girard shared a merged idea: Bad, counter-intuitive predictions  ·   · 
    Jacques LaRoseJacques LaRose shared a merged idea: Unexpected Capitalized Words  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Capitalizing  ·   · 
    WeiWei shared a merged idea: unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Janine Janine shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalization midsentence  ·   · 
    Sk_uterSk_uter shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    tomo huynhtomo huynh shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    JacobJacob shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    jmsinternetjmsinternet shared a merged idea: Unexpected capitalized words midsentence  ·   · 
    Nicholas Furgiuele Nicholas Furgiuele shared a merged idea: Unwanted capitalisation of words  ·   · 
    Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

A fix has been implemented recently, but it’s not retroactive and it will a bit of time before the correct lower case words are learnt instead of the capitalised ones.

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has come back again. It was fixed months ago and now it's back. Grrr.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK (<~~~) this is still happening with me as well. This is the first time it hasn't capitalized every word today. Also, it doesn't save words I use all the time. My name is Candi and it changes it to Candice or Cando. SO ANNOYING! I have an S4 and it didn't start doing this until after the last update. Anybody ever get theirs fixed?

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my trouble is with typing ok and OK
        how do I re - set that ? It's really
        hard when someone asks How are you?
        and I say, " I'm OK ( Oklahoma ) !!!

• Mon MonMon Mon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed swiftkey. It capitalizes every word I type and it's annoying. It should only capitalize the starting word of the sentence and not every word. Touchpal X keyboard also has auto capitalization and I like the way it capitalizes "only the starting word" of the sentence. I think I'm going back to touchpal x if this is not fixed. They say that it is learnt, but it should learn by not auto capitalizing every word immediately, apply only the capitalization to a word after it is learnt not capitalize the word by default. Also how hard it is to detect a start of a sentence? Seriously...

• MoMo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem still exists for me. The solution mentioned by the dev where the lower case will be learned over time hasn't worked for me over the last 6 months. Here's a test to prove it. I want to just say "look it up using the internet" and other sentences but when I swype here's what I get:

Look it up using the Internet. He was a great Explorer. I went to new York (awkward when I want to write it all lower case.BREAKTHROUGH: now selecting the word and hitting shift actually works correctly! Before it wouldn't let you remove the capital, you had to do it manually! ).

I can confirm that the problem is still there with the Turkish language pack. Haven't tried English yet.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whit the new version 5 i typed allot today and haven't seen this bug yet. I hope it is gone now. Can other people confirm this? Thank you.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been a long time user if SwiftKey but after reading this I'm saddened to see it's been totally ignored and directly lied about right here. regretfully I'm done waiting for a fix. Dumping this keyboard and won't be recommending it anymore. gfys SwiftKey.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Samsung S4 dutch prediction. Same problem. Pleae fix this bug or please delete the cloud funcion. This shit happens sins than.

Still happening to me, and I am using a different language than English so it took too long to "teach" it the words to just delete all the language data... It does not happen very often, but it is the same words over and over again. Driving me insane! This is 6 months after you said it was fixed and I only started using it after that so it is not because the keyboard learned my words like that..

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem... is there any other keyboard that doesn't do this? I'm ready to switch. I can't figure out why this only happens sometimes and in mid sentence. I'm done with swift key as they are not fixing this for us.

Samsung galaxy s5

• Eric SchrepelEric Schrepel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely still happening (just today even) on my Galaxy S4, Android 4.3. I can't for the life of me figure out why it capitalizes everything sometimes. A fix to this would be greatly welcomed.

• stephenstephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please fix this! i generally do not use capitals at all in texting and it's annoying to have to either manually fix words to remove the capital letter or just not use the predictive texting thing. even when i delete a word from the dictionary and re-enter it by using it a bunch of times w/o the capital letter, the words just get entered into the dictionary again as capitalized. for example, 'i'.

• FIX THISFIX THIS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nothing more annoying than having Lol and Haha capitalized every single time.. FIX THIS

• Christopher Lee SmithChristopher Lee Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still happening to words I generally use at the start of sentences, it just capitalises them everywhere. Moved to Xperia keyboard until fixed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base