What is your SwiftKey bug?

DROID 4: When I put a question mark after a word, the first letter of that word is capitalized. / hardkb

159 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Severin hanouSeverin hanou shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    David GrossbergDavid Grossberg shared a merged idea: When typing a question mark, the preceding word is Capitalized? / hardkb  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: Automatically capitalizes the last word of sentence if I use a ? or ! / hardkb  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Evan TapperEvan Tapper responded  · 

This has been resolved with our latest update of SwiftKey 4.2.0.115. If for any reason you are still experiencing this issue or something similar, please create a new post in our public forum to bring it to our attention.

Thank you very much.

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still having this issue with the latest version of SK. Did the bug come back?

• David GrossbergDavid Grossberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's fixed in SK 4.2! Thank you!
        If anyone starts complaining that shift at the end of a word can't be used to capitalize anymore on a physical keyboard, then please ignore them :-) (Or put in an option.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love my DROID 4, and I'm just experimenting with SwiftKey and its competitors. I'll look for a competitor that doesn't have this bug, as it is very annoying and one would think easy to fix.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. Please address this issue. Swiftkey has the best auto correct and prediction I have found but this bug is extremely annoying. I've stopped using Swiftkey for the time being because it has been more than a year and this has yet to be addressed. I understand the droid 4 is not a very popular device but help a brother out...

• KimKim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I originally voted up this problem a YEAR ago. It is very frustrating to go back and fix the last word of the sentence every single time. A year ago I received and email that this problem was in the process of being fixed....well??? Please update!!!!

• Chris Witmer Chris Witmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy crap! I've survived a year of this BS. (comment posted 3/12/12) Sometimes I go back and fix the cap, but otherwise I leave it. This is REALLY frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am VERY disappointed to read these comments dating back to early 2012 & to find that, as a new user with a Droid 4 I am still having the same problem! The only way that it does NOT capitalize every time at the end of a sentence when I add punctuation is if I go back & change the 1st letter of the last word in the sentence. SwiftKey is promoting itself as a faster alternative & this is in no way faster! It has made me seriously consider leaving & going back to my old way of typing if it is not fixed VERY SOON, especially now that I see that the problem has been known for well over a year and nothing has been Done!

• Jonathan JJonathan J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, this behavior occurs with the question mark (?) and exclamation point (!), but no other punctuation. Colon (:) also requires a shift, but won't capitalize the word before it.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running SwiftKey 4.0. 0.0.106 on DROID 4 stock and am experiencing this problem with both hardware and virtual keyboard.

• Guy SmileyGuy Smiley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this exact issue. The behavior is directly conflicting between the exclamation point and question mark.

w, o, r, d, Shift, 1, results in "word! "

w, o, r, d, Shift, /, results in "Word?"

• NevitNevit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found 2 work-arounds for the time being
        -Turning off the hard keyboard autocorrect, but then you loose autocorrect (obviously
        -Press the space bar before hitting shift and the "?" key. This will seperate the shift key from the last word and let you enter the question mark without the capitalizing bug. Swiftkey will even delete the space between the last word and the questionmark. One extra keystroke, but not that bad once you get used to it.

• NevitNevit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also happens to me. I am using a droid 4 as well. You will notice this happens to ANY word if you press the shift key while typing the word it will capitalize that word, regardless of the question mark being inserted. The real problem is the app will capitalize a word if the shift key is pressed.
        This needs to be a "feature" that can be disabled.

• pwdpwd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also experiencing this issue with the Droid 4. It is very annoying. Can you please fix This?

• Dwayne HDwayne H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In hopes of adding awareness to get this bug fixed, I get the same behavior, so annoying. Also on a Droid 4, using the physical keyboard. I'll end this post with an example. When can we expect this issue to be Resolved?

• Gregory PiusGregory Pius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Mee too."

This highly obnoxious bug, along with several others on the Droid 4, has made this once wonderful keyboard I've purchased more than once, highly recommended, and used for years completely unusable.

Goodbye, Swiftkey.

• Ravi KambleRavi Kamble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have the same problem. Like others have stated, this problem only happens with the hardware keyboard (Motorola Photon Q).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base