What is your SwiftKey bug?

It does not seem to "learn" my Email address.

It does not seem to "learn" my Email address. I would like to see a added email as a word suggestion. But it does not seem to give me that.

839 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Adrian Bianchi Adrian Bianchi shared a merged idea: When I have to put an email, the suggestion never appear in the box and I have to enter de email again  ·   · 
    BobBob shared a merged idea: Not Learning Email Addresses  ·   · 
    ViniciusVinicius shared a merged idea: Not learning email addresses  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Not Learning Email Addresses  ·   · 
    completed  ·  RyanAdminRyan (Community Manager, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Hello community,

We have released quite a few new versions of SwiftKey since this bug was reported and made a lot of dynamic language fixes, and we believe this issue has been resolved.

If you continue to experience this issue, please create a new bug thread and leave your device details: model, OS version and SwiftKey version in the comments.

Thank you for your help and feedback.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Konrád LőrincziKonrád Lőrinczi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This fixed a lot problems for me, including this bug!

!!! SwiftKey TEAM should post this solution into FAQ !!!

MANAGED TO GET THIS TO WORK. HERE'S HOW:

(And this was without the need to re-learn via Gmail, since i did have cloud backup enabled earlier):

1) Settings > Apps > All > Swiftkey
        2) Click "Clear Cache" and also click "Clear Data"
        3) Reboot your phone

[[ *OPTIONAL* if you have root and want to debug this, go to "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.touchtype.swiftkey/files/user/" there will be a file named dynamic.lm - this is your learned dictionary. Note the filesize (<10 kb on a fresh install)]]

4) Go through the swiftkey set-up
        5) After you're done, make sure you have an internet connection and turn ON cloud backup&restore again. (This should re-sync your dictionary from the cloud). NO need to learn from sms / gmail or anything else.

[[ OPTIONAL - re-check the filesize of dynamic.lm. It should now be much larger (mine was 890 kb) ]]

That's it! It started to work, and all my learned words & predictions came back.

• John blank John blank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to remember my name, John, but now I have to type all the way to h before my name shows. It's also forgotten my last name (Blank) giving me john McCain, John Paul and John Wayne, although I've typed my name many times. It also is inconsistent about my email address

• John CurtissJohn Curtiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Send yourself a text with your email address in it. SwiftKey will learn it, as long as you have "learn from sms" enabled.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow mine has learnt my email address, but it annoys me that it adds a space afterwards, especially in login forms where you need to delete the space.

• John McCabeJohn McCabe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of very few gripes i have with swiftkey compared to the standard Samsung keyboard.

• DerpDerp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's why i want to have makro buttons.

You can then set a makro typing your mail adress and other more complicated stuff e.g.Sincerely yours etc

• GregorGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I must agree. Not possible to learn email address. As soon as you type a dot it totaly ignores what you typed earlier. Why cant we edit the dictionary manually?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is: 1) Sometimes you don't even get a prediction bar 2) After a certain point I am left with nothing but 3 blank boxes in the prediction bar so can't click on it

• ElaineElaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you type in your e-mail address and click on it in the prediction bar, it will save it as a word suggestion.

• James BeamJames Beam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of websites pick up on that somehow and won't accept it as the correct email address. Happened to me with another keyboard on several sites.

• Justin SidwellJustin Sidwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You must click on left prediction button which always contains exactly what you typed. That will register the new word into your dictionary.

Feedback and Knowledge Base