Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Care H.Care H. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Keyboard stays on the screen too long  ·   · 
    obadiaobadia shared a merged idea: Keyboard stays on screen too long.  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

In the recent update of SwiftKey version 4.2, we’ve added some fixes which prevent the keyboard from staying on the screen for too long.

In the event that you are experiencing this issue or something similar after updating, please create a new post in our public forum at support.swiftkey.net to bring it to our attention.

Thanks very much.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bacskai RobertBacskai Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY NOBODY ANSWERS FROM SWIFTKEY PLEASE??? WHY IS THIS TOPIC CLOSED WITHOUT RESOLVING THE PROBLEM????

• GaretGaret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The phone rang while I was entering text, but the keyboard would not go away, preventing me from answering. Between this & the lack of suggestions in Notes, I'm unlikely to pay for the full version. Too bad. The predictions are simply amazing.

• Chris MoodyChris Moody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it does this when I open an app from a folder. Then when I press the home key, I go to the home screen with the folder open still. I think SwiftKey opens thinking that the folder name is a text field that I want to edit?

• Clay Anderson Clay Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same bug, on Motorola Electrify 2, ICS. Very annoying :( LOVE this keyboard but that really makes me want to switch

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thunderbolt. I second that, the only work around I came up with was to use the menu button.

• Javier CasaresJavier Casares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mostly have this when switching apps while was inputting something with the keyboard in the first app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base