What is your SwiftKey bug?

Gmail personalization fails

Gmail personalization with a @gmail.com email address fails even if IMAP is enabled. What to do?

384 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stefan AssegStefan Asseg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    M ParakM Parak shared a merged idea: Gmail personalization fails  ·   · 
    Dean BirksDean Birks shared a merged idea: gmail personalization fails  ·   · 
    Sally Moseley Sally Moseley shared a merged idea: Personalization fails  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Gmail personalization fails  ·   · 
    Jeremy BucyJeremy Bucy shared a merged idea: personalization fails  ·   · 
    LuisLuis shared a merged idea: personalization fails  ·   · 
    JesseJesse shared a merged idea: personalization fails  ·   · 
    NHNH shared a merged idea: personalization fail  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Personalization fails for Gmail and Facebook  ·   · 
    Stefan Stefan shared a merged idea: Googlemail personalization fails  ·   · 
    Alexey Melnikov Alexey Melnikov shared a merged idea: Gmail personalization fails  ·   · 
    Mark HerwegeMark Herwege shared a merged idea: gmail personalization fails  ·   · 
    zmkzmk shared a merged idea: Gmail personalization with 2-step verification fails.  ·   · 

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max ImilianMax Imilian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't sync with my gmail account either on iPhone 6 iOS 8.0.2
        After few seconds always says Seth like: please check your internet connection

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I activated IMAP, personalication still fails. What means 'Create a new ticket'?

• HKHK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried compose mail when using swiftkey and sent to my other email. It's worked !

• Jamie DihiansanJamie Dihiansan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- I have 2-factor auth enabled on my Google Account (Gmail).
        - I'm able to Grant Access to "www.touchtype-fluency.com".
        - Then it says "Last attempt failed. Tap to try again."

I also tried generating a unique password for Swiftkey, but Gmail wouldn't let me log in with that.

Please help!

• S Rahul BoseS Rahul Bose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It worked for me.

I tried twice.

First time : Failure
        Next time : Success

I think the issue is with the
        1. swiftkey server engine which actually does the processing
        or
        2. my internet connection

• Charles DeClouette IICharles DeClouette II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AT&T GS3 i147 running JB 4.1.1 every other personalization works except gmail. I've tried every tutorial, fix, trick, or what have you and it will still not personalize. Just really annoying at this point and a little disappointing that I can not use all the elements in a paid for app. Still trying to figure it out...

• bartbart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

So I've set up my gmail yestreday and still no joy
        Nexsus 7 Stock Rom 4.2.2.

Please advise

bart

• William TripodoWilliam Tripodo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been failing every time for me. I just got the Samsung Galaxy S III. Used to have the HTC Incredible 2 and it worked fine for it.

• Markus BülowMarkus Bülow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been fixed for me now, too. Had problems forever. Both phone and tablet.

Still took too long for such an apparently major problem judging on the sheer number of people complaining about it. Espacially considering this beeing a major claim as special feature for getting peoples money.

But thank you anyway.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was having the same issue and found a solution. In your gmail label settings, UNCHECK the boxes next to trash and Spam. Force close the app, clear data, reboot, and try again. Mine worked within a couple of minutes after following these steps.

• KateKate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So how long is this going to take? It's 2 months later? My typing is awful without the Gmail personalisation, so I will have to find another keyboard app that works

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fixed!?
        I just tried personalization again and it works! I didn't change anything or mess with any settings in Gmail. Thanks!?
        Galaxy nexus running jelly bean...

• Ken HongKen Hong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just upgraded to Swiftkey 3 from Trial. Trial worked fine but SK3 is refusing to personalize from my Gmail account. Checked IMAP, deleted SENT messages, signed in as different user.... tried everything mentioned mentioned in the comments here to no avail. [LG Optimus Vu]

• AshwinAshwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just upgraded from SwiftKey trial to normal version on 4.0.3 stock uprooted on an S2 and now am facing this bug. I didn't have this problem with the trial version. I think it's because the installer suggested me to personalize before I set the keyboard as default keyboard. I remember doing it the other way round when I installed the trial version. Either way this has to be fixed as it is affecting a lot of users and it can be seen as a former of false advertising.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any possibility to getting some info as to maybe why this is happening? not a big deal, I'm just glad that you have finally decided to flag it as an issue instead of just saying make sure your time and date or correct, lol.

I look forward to this being fixed soon. As you say it can learn as you type anyways, but having it read from email can be a HUGE time saver.

Thank you for a great keyboard.
        -Chris

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does fail for me everytime on a nexus 7 and a nexus s both on jb 411. I got the feeling that this happened since the google "forced" the users to switch to gmail.com instead of googlemail.com

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base