What is your SwiftKey bug?

Swiftkey bug with space bar and backspace button

Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 - Swiftkey bug with space bar and backspace button. When typing a word and pressing spacebar and then pressing backspace button replicates the word, the more you press the backspace it replicates the word... this happens both in firefox and xoom browser

121 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AshleyAshley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • frowe408frowe408 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not fix on Verizon Note 3 latest update. Also, prediction combines two words together with no space in between. Wordd with contraction do not predict anymore. Please fix.

• Kelly Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this issue with 4.2.1.202 on LG G2 in several apps. I just switched phones and didn't have the problem on my old HTC Sensation. Seems to happen more in browser apps, but not limited to them. I wish I could be more specific, but up until now I had thought the apps were the problem and didn't take note of any details.

• StooStoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nexus 7 does have this bug. I have to disable using this app until it is fixed.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here on samsung tab using Polaris sofware. Im a student who takes notes in class and tbis app really helped with speedtyping but now i have tuse my latop again until this issue fixed and i cant even get a refund

• Christian AasanChristian Aasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also experience this bug on my samsung galaxy tab. I have seen it in urls in the stock browser, and when typing emails. This bug almost makes this keyboard useless. It seems to put me in an eternal loop where it just add more text when you try to erase. Please look in to this!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same in the email app, when send an email and want to correct a word in front of the keyboard dosent do want i want. it replicates the word in front of and the whole words are underlined. cant fix it with the settings. pls fix it!

• CMCM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening quite often for me when typing email on Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, it is pretty annoying. please fix!

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen this as well but rarely. The I was able to fix it by selecting the text then hitting backspace to delete it.

• JohanJohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came across this as well last night when trying to send an email.
        In the end I just gave up went to bed and sent it out this morning.
        Sure, I could have switched to one of the other keyboards, but I bought Swiftkey because I dont like the others and Swiftkey just makes it easier and faster. Well, in most cases anyway...
        Please sort this out, it renders the keyboard absolutely useless if you cant use it to write emails...which is where most of the writing typically takes place!

• BlackyBlacky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you also have the problem that a period or comma cannot be deleted with backspace?

I purchased both the tablet version of Swiftkey X for my European Xoom on 3.1 and the phone version for my Samsung Galaxy S2. The error occurs on BOTH devices in multiple apps.

This is ridiculous and such a shame because when it works, there is no alternative superior to Swiftkey.

And even more shameful it is for the developers to have commented not even once on this thread!

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Backspace is non functional in so many places on my eee pad. I had to buy a competitors product. This is unacceptable and SwiftKey should be ashamed for not addressing this issue. Works ok in the google browser... .put that in your marketplace description.

• pised offpised off commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening on my galaxy tab 10.1. How is this bug even possible!? This is the worst possible bug for a keyboard? I would rather the letters all be wrong! I could at least deal with that.

• KHURRAM KHURRAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same bug. The backspace keeps replicating the word. This makes the keyboard nonfunctional.then a nd or the is added unnessarily after a stop. The anyway around?

• Chris Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue on Galaxy tab 7 in the email program.. Backspace just repeats last word.. Please fix

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base