What is your SwiftKey bug?

Not working in Polaris Office

When I type in a Polaris Office document. SwiftKey is not working correctly. eg when I type John it gives the followingtyr
J, JJo, Jjoh, Jjonh. The Auto correct suggests John but pressing it leaves Jjonh.

Other sequences gve strange multiple combinations too. Reverting to the Android keyboard gives correct type.

Also when editing on web pages the green arrow doesn't properly follow the cursor

902 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cliff McLoughlinCliff McLoughlin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Josh MartensJosh Martens shared a merged idea: Polaris office: Incompatible  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Polaris Office: Incompatibility  ·   · 
    Peter ScargillPeter Scargill shared a merged idea: Kingsoft Office: Incompatibility  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Backspace types typesrsntypesrsntypesrsntypesrsndom llllettelllletters  ·   · 
    KTKT shared a merged idea: Swift Key is not compatible with Polaris Office - Transformer Prime  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Does not work properly with PolarisOffice onGalaxy tab 10.1 Produces multiple letters and back space does not work  ·   · 
    CalumCalum shared a merged idea: Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 running HC 3.2 When using Polaris Office 3 with SwiftKey tablet x, text prediction doesn't work. Only with this app.  ·   · 
    magellanomagellano shared a merged idea: Problema con polarised office. Samsung Galaxy p7500  ·   · 
    sk_nlsk_nl shared a merged idea: Backspace doesn't work with polaris office on Eeepad Transformer.  ·   · 
    BRUNO BRUNO shared a merged idea: Double character and strange behavior in polaris office, in a transformer  ·   · 
    Kevin MurrayKevin Murray shared a merged idea: Strange backspace behaviour  ·   · 

275 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StormStorm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the record, swiftkey tablet legacy worked fine forever on my Asus Transformer Infinity using droid 4.2.1 until tonight. Started doing the gibberish bit. Double types some letters, randomly "autocorrects" half the pile to other gibberish. May or may not be able to delete some characters, but when you get to the first undeletable character, the rest are non selectible or deletable.

Didn't notice any cursor errors, and it does it with or without the transformer keyboard base attached. Swapping to google keyboard eliminates issue.

Updated to swiftkey proper, problem remains.

• Cliff McLoughlinCliff McLoughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, Polaris office is completely crap. With Google giving away the much better Quick Office and Kingston office also free and much better, we should all stop asking SwiftKey to waste time and effort on trying to make their software compatible with an app that isn't worth having. It's just a shame Samsung, ASUS, HTC etc insiti on building it in to their systems with out an uninstall option. It's just more useless bloatware

• Ktrenal WinterheartKtrenal Winterheart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey only gives partial functionality in Polaris Office - the keyboard is there and can be used, but the dictionary, predictive text and auto correct aren't available. No problems in any other apps.

Model: HTC One
        Android version: 4.4.2
        SwiftKey Version: 4.4.5.273
        Polaris Office version: 5.1.3306.05

• Phil SmithPhil Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GOOGLE DRIVE:
        I'm getting a similar problem but in Google Drive with Samsung S3 Android 4.1.2 with SwiftKey 4.2.0.155. SwiftKey is unfortunately unusable.
        To recreate, open a new document in Google Drive,
        start typing numbers (which have already appeared and so have something to autocomplete.
        It autocompletes too much:
        Typing "4559 856" gives the result
        4559 4559 4559 856
        (i.e. the 8 makes an extra 4559 appear, the 5 makes another appear)
        backspace then deletes the last "6" and adds more "4559":
        4559 4559 4559 4559 85

• JesseJesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Typing in Polaris office produces this: tpi gnigii ninporrrraloaaoiiiiffofocssssuacuctssihtitt otohaeeppa. bacpppppskcscdsseodedn tontnwkrowww

Using the backspace key does not work at all. in fact it added the last three W's at the end. I'm using an asus transformer tf300t and the asus external keyboard, but this happens whether i use the external keyboard or not.

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Words keep inserting without warning, can't use the - key, very poor performance. Please solve! On a samsung GT N8000

• Domenico CufaloDomenico Cufalo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kingsoft Office --> Works, but NO swype and NO dictionary
        Polaris Office --> completely unusable

Please, solve the problem! I also purchased this app!

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue using SwiftKey4 on my Asus Transformer TF700, neither the split keyboard nor the traditional keyboard layout are functioning properly.

• teetee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i cant access polaris office documents on my computer to print out. help please

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Swiftkey does not work on my HTC One. It only allows me to type but not to swipe. Please fix!

• JanieJanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to print my g mail the only printer allowed is a Samsung printer is there any other way to change the printer type for a hp wireless?

• Vanessa Vanessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I typed this in polaris:
        Testing out the keyboard and of course it doesnt work.
        And this is what showed up by using SwiftKey version 4:
        it'sgnits outt thee keyaaaoby andd oof soundsesru it thetne workr.

• soso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On htc desire sv also there is no word suggestion bar of swiftkey keyboard when typing in polaris office.

• KathyKathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" I wonder if anyone is working on the problem.

• Steve HayesSteve Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More info: The 123.123.45 problem I reported previously happens just the same on a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 phone (phone version of SwiftKey) with Android 2.3.6. This means that the problem is general. It must be easy to reproduce and investigate.
        Do this and fix it properly and, I'd expect, other manifestations will be fixed too.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base