Bug Reports - ARCHIVE

If you have reached this forum from your SwiftKey app, you are running on an outdated version. Please update your app in the Google Play Store.

Your feedback and bug reports are critical to making SwiftKey better, so we want to make sure that we’re set up to take in this information in a way that’s helpful to you and useful to our product roadmap. To that end, we’ve decided to change things up, and remove the Bug Forum as a means of reporting bugs. This will streamline the process and help us resolve issues more efficiently.

Now, to report a bug, simply click on the “Contact Support” link and fill out the necessary information to let us know what you’re dealing with.

Cheers everyone,
The SwiftKey Team

What is your SwiftKey bug?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. 52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Pops up slower than native keyboard

On my Galaxy S4 (unrooted), SwiftKey takes twice as long as the native Samsung keyboard to pop up.

I have the latest SwiftKey version from Google Play. I never installed any beta versions.

I timed the pop up time of both the native Samsung keyboard and the SwiftKey keyboard many times. Please make SwiftKey pop up faster to make it a perfect replacement for the native Samsung Keyboard. Otherwise, the longer pop up delay is annoying.

Thanks.

831 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        17 comments  ·  4. Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Not learning new words.

After about 4 months of use, SwiftKey Flow still autocorrects one of my best friends names to a name I have never used. This is a specific case of the general autocorrect failure which seems to have started around 4-5 months ago. Before that it was great.

564 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello community,

It seems that the new release did not help.

We have something you can try to fix it:

Note* this will clear all data and saved language from the application. Please make sure you are okay with this. You can turn on the cloud backup and sync feature to get it all back*

- Open your device settings → app manager → SwiftKey → Clear cache and data → open SwiftKey and make sure all your settings are how you like it.

- Give SwiftKey a fresh install

I hope one of those work in the meantime.

Otherwise, please leave all relevant information in the comments: device model, OS and SwiftKey version.

Thank you for your help and patience.

• SwiftKey gets uninstalled every time I turn off my phone or it dies

each time you restart the app or the battery just disappears and I have to reinstall it. Xiaomi Red Rice HM 1W model
          Samsung Note

14 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            7 comments  ·  7. Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

As one of the SwiftKey Community Managers, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit this report this randomly deleting the app bug.

I just got work that an update was pushed to some Xiaomi devices and this fixed the issue.

I understand that this still might be happening on other devices.

If this issue is still happening for you, in the comments section of this thread leave the following information:

1) Device model
            2) Android Version
            3) Where you purchased SwiftKey from

Thanks.

• Flow doesn't work properly

Flow functions very inconsistently with samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition. Sometimes Flow works properly; other times the Flow line drags as much as 2 letters, stops, and the word does not show up in the text box. When Flow works, it works perfectly except double letters aren't predicted as well as they could be and the letter "i" when by itself should always be auto capitalized, which it's not.

101 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              12 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi community,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please be sure to add you device information, OS version and version of SwiftKey.

Also, be sure to give as much detail about your issue as possible. We use these threads to help find the root issue.

Thank you for your help and feedback.

• 373 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                96 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • SwiftKey from Amazon app store does not work with Samsung Knox

Update the Amazon version of your app so it works with Samsung knox. (at the moment SwiftKey button presses are not picked up when in knox mode... It works on the play store free version
                Note 3

39 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  11 comments  ·  1. App incompatibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Repeating words or numbers randomly

When I try to type a phone number is a IM, Swiftkey starts randomly repeating a sequence of numbers or text and I have to start over and then the same thing happens. It has made this unusable in both the current released ver and the new beta ver for the LG G2. Is there some setting I can turn this behavior off? It makes Swiftkey unusable otherwise. Mostly happens when I try to type something like an area code.

17 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

As one of the SwiftKey Community Managers, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit this bug report on the repeating words with the LG G2

The support team and I review every report we receive. I don’t currently have an answer for your question nor recommend a solution, I will make sure this gets into the Dev Team’s roadmap. If I need any further information, I will be in touch via this forum thread.

If you or any other community member comes up with a fix, please leave it in the comments.

• LG G2 stock email duplication numbers bug

This is happening after the new Verizon kit Kat update. I noticed it in the standard built-in email app. But it works correctly when I try it in the SMS app, and Gmail. But in the regular email app it adds an additional duplicate of the first 2 digits if I hit another key so if I enter 25.00 it comes up 25.25.00 if I hit any key even the backspace (delete) key it becomes 25.25.25.00 if I hit it again it adds another so it becomes 25.25.25.25.00. Then after that the backspace key starts working correctly

16 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

As one of the SwiftKey Community Managers, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit this report of duplicating numbers.

The support team and I review every report we receive, since I can’t answer your question or recommend a solution, I will make sure this gets into the Dev Team’s roadmap. If I need any further information, I will be in touch via this forum thread.

If you or any other community member comes up with a fix, please leave it in the comments.

• 3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        6 comments  ·  4. Settings bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • prediction bar not working in games. eg; Clash of Clans. I'm using Galaxy S3.

prediction bar not working in games. eg; Clash of Clans. I'm using Galaxy S3.

35 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          20 comments  ·  1. App incompatibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

As one of the SwiftKey Community Managers, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit this report.

Unfortunately, I can’t answer your question or recommend a solution currently, however I will pass this along to our Dev Team. If I need any further information, I will be in touch via this forum thread.

Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE: Please could you let us know in the comments the following info:
                          - Device make and model
                          - SwiftKey version
                          - Android version (and whether or not you are running any custom ROMs)

Thank you.

• 615 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            118 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A fix has been implemented recently, but it’s not retroactive and it will a bit of time before the correct lower case words are learnt instead of the capitalised ones.

• Delete key not registering most of the time

Currently using new Galaxy s5 with kit Kat.

Obsessed with this app for input. Experiencing issue when I use the backspace key where 75% of uses end up displacing the cursor and deleting text somewhere mid screen.

20 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • WhatsApp lag

In SwiftKey 4.3, after I send a WhatsApp message and try to type another message immediately after, there is a 1s lag, where no keystrokes are registered.

It didn't happen on earlier versions, but it surfaced in the 4.3 BETA after which I stopped using it. DIsappointed that it's still here in the final version.

Tried clearing cache and reinstalling but to no avail...

Anyone experiencing this bug too? It's really annoying for a fast typer.

250 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                60 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Hancom word app text input issue

When using the hancom hword app the letter you type replaces the previous letter so no words are formed. Happens consistently on
                                Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.
                                Current version: 4.4.5.273.

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  10 comments  ·  1. App incompatibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

As one of the SwiftKey Community Managers, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit this report with text input option with the Hancom word app

The support team and I review every report we receive. I currently can’t answer your question or recommend a solution, I will make sure this gets into the Dev Team’s roadmap. If I need any further information, I will be in touch via this forum thread.

• When typing in on the number pad in Google Docs the keyboard adds in extra numbers. This happens on multiple devices

When I type in the number pad in a Google App (drive, docs, quick office, etc.) extra numbers are added. Example, if I type the date 2014-06-02 it will come out 2014-06-02-2014-2014. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  1. App incompatibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Firefox search bar lags with SwiftKey

Whenever I use Swiftkey to type in the Firefox search bar, it is really an unpleasant experience.

The first word usually turns up fine, but the second word is usually eaten up if I type quickly. So if I type 'SwiftKey' for example, Firefox will only register 'Swky' or something along those lines.

If I go back to delete all my words and type again, it now turns out fine. However, if I launch the Search bar once again, the same problem occurs and so on and so forth.

I have no issue on Firefox with the default Samsung keyboard.…

18 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Crashing on Asus ME302C - 4.4.4

Swiftkey crash all the time when I want to write something into any text field. I'm on a tablet Asus ME302C, Android 4.3 and Swiftkey 4.4.4.264.
                                      I have no problem on my smartphone with Android 4.0.

PS: I'm french, sorry for my bad english :)

14 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        5 comments  ·  2. Force close  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Just to make sure we can help narrow down the issue.

Can this be easily replicated over and over?
                                        Do you notice it happening in specific apps or certain times.

Providing as much detail is possible helps our team narrow down the issue.

Please leave all responses in the comments section of the thread.

• Samsung Multiwindow: can't write in text box.

In my gs4 with Android 4.4, when I am using the multi-window option, I'm unable to write text in the box.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  7. Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Scrolls to top of screen in text/SMS (randomly)

After I send a message and the keyboard closes, it moves me to the top of my conversation and I have to scroll down again. Happens 85% of the time. Please fix. Galaxy s4

26 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            5 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 211 212

Feedback and Knowledge Base