What is your SwiftKey bug?

Caps lock key on Motorola Droid 4 does not work / hard kb Shift

On the new Motorola Droid 4, if you use swiftkey, the Caps Lock hardkey becomes disabled. It is utterly useless. If I uninstall swiftkey, it immediately starts working again. This appears to be a widespread issue with your software on motorola phones with physical keyboards.

This specific issue re: the caps lock key on the Motorola Droid 4 is well known on the forums, with no fix or response from swiftkey on the issue. Please advise.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian CohenBrian Cohen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

We believe this issue to be resolved in our latest update of version 4.0.1.108. After you’ve updated to that version, if you continue to have the same issue, please create a new post with additional details.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after the latest droid update apr 10, my caps lock key and shift key won't work on some applications. i have to press and hold the shift key to get the right character. i have searched through settings looking for some answers, but i have not found any settings relating to the caps lock issue. this problem is really booger. this is my first and last motorola phone!

• RavenRaven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Caps Lock key seems to work fine for me with Android 4.0.4 and SwiftKey 4.0.0.106 on my Droid 4. Is this still an issue for people? Maybe it was only on Android 2.x or on an old version of SwiftKey?

• Althea SAlthea S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, using DROID 4, 2.3.6. I'm pretty sure it was an issue on my DROID 2 also.

• Brian CohenBrian Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on SwiftKey! Repsond at least! It's pretty outrageous that you don't even respond to all your bugs. This was reported 4 months ago and since then you have released a completely new version of your software that STILL contains this bug!

No love for the physical keyboard...

• DarronDarron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A workaround until they get this fixed is to double tap Shift ... it works on my Droid 4.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It also capitalizes all words with a ! Or ? After it with the hard keyboard.

• NapoleonNapoleon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no response? Come on! I'm really disappointed that I've spent money on this.. :\

• TrinTrin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm this. The indicator light for the physical caps lock key turms on for only as long as you have the button/key held down, but the button never actually works.

Feedback and Knowledge Base