Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tony GiovingoTony Giovingo shared a merged idea: Does not wprk on Moto 4G. After typing 1 character, the keyboard disappears.  ·   · 
    Chris LagasseChris Lagasse shared a merged idea: keyboard disappears after first letter  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Please enter your Languages & layouts submenu and then tap your key. Then update your language packs from there and your issue should be resolved.

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leej00wLeej00w commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enter your Languages & layouts submenu and then tap your key. Then update your language packs from there and your issue should be resolved.

How do I do this? Don't have a Languages & Layouts submenu. In the version I use there is a Language menu and a Theme & Lay-out menu.
        Whivh key do I press and where?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, on Droid X with Gingerbread.
        I started having the problem when I upgraded my Microsd card from the original card that was a "class 2" to a "Class 6"
        I have uninstalled and reinstalled about a dozen times with no luck.
        Every time I reinstall and every time I start up Swiftkey it claims "Unable to load Langauge Packs"

It takes clicking to download/repair the english language pack a good 10 times to get it to actually download. as it claims I do not have a internet connection with "Network Error" Happens on Wifi and 3G.

Maybe a problem with reading/writing to certain SD cards? I have no other problems with SD card.

What frustrates me the most is I bought this program and I am forced to use swype or default. :/

• AntonAnton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Done, everything not helping at all, see only words candidates

• z80danz80dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nuno Duarte - no worries! I don't think i had FB learning switched on....i might be wrong. I thought i just did SMS and Gmail learning and that broke the keyboard (not straight away though).

• Nuno DuarteNuno Duarte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

z80dan - Thank you! It's now working. :) After reading a few comments here I also found that the problem is the FB learning. Just learned from Gmail and SMS and everything is running smoothly. ;)

Nuno Duarte - your language personalisation may have been preserved despite uninstalling and reinstalling. Try clearing the language data (swiftkey x>language profile>personalization>clear language data) and then relearn from SMS only.

I hate the default Android keyboard too! Luckily I had already bought Smart Keyboard so could use that while Swiftkey was broken.

• Nuno DuarteNuno Duarte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here.
        ZTE Blade running android 2.3.5.
        Uninstalled and re-installed - same thing.
        Uninstalled and re-installed AGAIN (this time with no "learning" whatsoever) - still not working.
        I paid for this amazing app, and honestly I really hate android's default keyboard (which is what I am using).

• VicWVicW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fascinating that this is really a bug in SwiftKey X. Just started using a refurbed DX on 9/7 that I rooted w the 1-Click method & then encountered this problem. I was convinced the update process, or the new DX was the source of the problem, and was about to give up and unroot, and ready to possibly SBF back to .596 to start all over again. This exchange saved me a ton of time and trouble. I was able to use Titanium to restore a save of the app from 9/2, which gives me a workaround until they issue an update to fix the problem. I hope it is soon.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is a bug with gmail personalization for me. I cleared all personalized data and it started working. I can personalize facebook or sms and it works. As soon as I submit Gmail personalization I start getting freezes and force closes.

I cleared my personalised data and relearned from *SMS only* last night - SwiftKey is still working now. Great!

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely looking like a "learn from gmail" problem. If I clear personalised data it works fine until I enable learn from gmail again.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Identical issue here on my Sprint Nexus S 4g. I was frustrated enough that I did a factory data reset of the phone, and the problem still happened again. I didn't appear to happen until I got the Sprint OTA update for the radio, but that might be a coincidence.

• huckhuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>Uninstalled, reinstalled, no resolve.

Stephen, uninstall probably doesn't reset your personalized data. Try going to Language Profile > Personalization > Clear language data. See if that helps.

I've been using all afternoon with no problem, after disabling gmail connection.

• ChelaChela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here, with an HTC Thunderbolt. I had just upgraded from the beta so I thought my issue was related to that. Glad to see I'm not the only one with issues.

• Jonathan Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too, on a samsumg gs2. Switched back to default key board in the meantime...

• huckhuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> Clearing your personalised data got mine working again.

This worked for me. After a short time it broke again. I cleared again and this time did not connect to gmail. So far so good.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base