What is your SwiftKey bug?

Word prediction no longer working

Worked great for a couple weeks on my Galaxy s 3, no no word prediction or auto correct which makes typing 10 x longer to achieve! SwiftKey 3 is essentially useless with out it. In fact, its horribly frustrating. Anyone know how to fix this issue??

1,553 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KariKari shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: No prevision, and no possible update dictonary. Bug on the language dictonary use. No see prevision. Its very bad  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: " and word recognition/prediction is not working.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Only suggests words I've already written instead of more common words. This is a new bug.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Merkt sich meine Wörter nicht mehr  ·   · 
    Florian Florian shared a merged idea: Zeit dem letzten update Fehler mit den sprachdaten in der cloud! Keine brauchbaren Vorschläge mehr! Beheben Bitte!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I live in Mauritius  ·   · 
    jc rebollajc rebolla shared a merged idea: prediction is not working after i download languages. prediction was working before.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Swiftkey no precide  ·   · 
    Gene KillgoreGene Killgore shared a merged idea: Prediction no longer working  ·   · 
    Chintan Sheth Chintan Sheth shared a merged idea: In Hindi when i write some word in mail it goes with another and wrong word  ·   · 
    KshitijKshitij shared a merged idea: Predictions stop working  ·   · 
    KarzKarz shared a merged idea: Does not predict words anymore  ·   · 
    Schakal28@hotmail.comSchakal28@hotmail.com shared a merged idea: Kybrd stopped givng predictions  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: SwiftKey doesn't remember frequently typed words as it did before the last update.  ·   · 
    TyTy shared a merged idea: SwiftKey is not learning from my current texting  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Ryan ParedezAdminRyan Paredez (Community Manager, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Hello community,

In the newest version, 4.4.3 we made a lot of dynamic language module improvements and fixes. Go ahead and upgrade / download it now.

If you continue to experience this issue in the new version, please start a new thread with your device details, OS version and SwiftKey version in the comments.

Thank you for your help.

220 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are the fixes also implemented in latest 4.5 Beta? Because some people are using this version because of emoji

Regards

• Konrád LőrincziKonrád Lőrinczi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could somebody try this fix?

Not my solution, but it helped me.
        Now I'm as much as satisfied when I purchased SwiftKey, because everything works again.

This fixed a lot problems for me!

MANAGED TO GET THIS TO WORK. HERE'S HOW:

(And this was without the need to re-learn via Gmail, since i did have cloud backup enabled earlier):

1) Settings > Apps > All > Swiftkey
        2) Click "Clear Cache" and also click "Clear Data"
        3) Reboot your phone

[[ *OPTIONAL* if you have root and want to debug this, go to "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.touchtype.swiftkey/files/user/" there will be a file named dynamic.lm - this is your learned dictionary. Note the filesize (<10 kb on a fresh install)]]

4) Go through the swiftkey set-up
        5) After you're done, make sure you have an internet connection and turn ON cloud backup&restore again. (This should re-sync your dictionary from the cloud). NO need to learn from sms / gmail or anything else.

[[ OPTIONAL - re-check the filesize of dynamic.lm. It should now be much larger (mine was 890 kb) ]]

That's it! It started to work, and all my learned words & predictions came back.

• petepete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same bug on my phone. Please fix, we paid for the software to work! And do not force people into cloud services, as many will go for alternative solutions.

• JenJen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree here. SwiftKey used to be the very best keyboard. Now, it has become horrible in predictions! I really hope they fix it soon, I can't take much more.

• BureaudBureaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same for me. No more prediction and difficulties in uploading languages on my phone Samsung 2. Everything is ok on my Sony xperia tablet, though.

• DD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same issue reloading language everyday

• Yoni Yoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrating. How are you planning to notify people about a fix to this issue. Without predictions working properly there isn't much SwiftKey will have to offer in comparison to the native Google keyboard.. Worked comes before..

• Fred Hauptstueck Fred Hauptstueck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will not predict my last name "Hauptstueck" and I've tried saving it a million times!! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem, it doesnt learn new words and its very annoying having to type them or correct them. Is there no fix yet? This has been going on for a while now

• deldel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem myself, word predictions no longer appear just blank tabs above keyboard?

• StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct and also not fixed with 4.4.1 of today :(
        Maybe dropping Cloud Support would be the solution? Before Cloud came it worked flawlessly! Now Swiftkey is unusable compared to other keyboards!
        Hope this will be fixed in the next version and very soon, otherwise I will leave Swiftkey and I would not be the only one I guess!

Regards

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, it's not as great as I thought, sorry. Predictions do seem to work a little better when the phone is not plugged in; but the dictionary is still gone, and it still doesn't learn new words. I can teach it a new word in any application, and it will remember it within that application's session; but as soon as I close the application, the word is gone again from the dictionary. Unfortunately, still very unuseable at this point, and not worth having paid for.

Ok, so for some reason this issue only seems to be the case while the phone is plugged into its charger. If I unplug it from the charger, Swiftkey works absolutely perfect!

I have only been using it while lying on the desk and being plugged in for some time, which is why I hadn't noticed this until now.

Note that this is not about having the phone connected to a computer; I am only talking about a charger, and it's the original charger that came with the phone.

So essentially until this is fixed it means that to use Swiftkey, I need to unplug the phone from the charger. For quite a lot of my use, that's very inconvenient - but nowhere near as big a problem as it seemed to be.

I would still strongly suggest that Swiftkey fixes this, or adds a setting "keep full Swiftkey functionality even if phone is plugged into charger or other USB cable". This can't be that hard to do, can it??

Cheers,

Matthias

Seeing this thread here I must say: This was brought up in NOVEMBER 2011 and still isn't fixed??? It's December 2013 now! I can not believe that!

Same here: Dictionary lost, not learning any new words, predictions are entirely random and make absolutely no sense, I have to manually retype every second word, no exaggeration.

S2 4.1.2 Swiftkey 4.3.2.235.

If this doesn't get fixed quickly, I would really like my money back. It's like a car I bought and haven't been able to use for weeks, while it sits in the manufacturer's workshop and they say "we're looking at the issue". At this point in time, the original Samsung keyboard is significantly less frustrating and faster.

• Herman HintzenHerman Hintzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same problem. But found this thread, followed @Samson's advice and it works like a charm! Just clear all data in settings/apps/swiftkey and re-configure the app.
        Funny thing is it immediately seemed to remember all the things it had forgotten before. Probably thanks to the cloud feature.

• Dylan BrooksDylan Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did the install/uninstall, and it worked temporarily. Once it updated, I lost my dictionary again.

• Daniel BatemanDaniel Bateman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went to Android Keyboard settings, SwiftKey already selected. Still not predicting. Stopped all of a sudden! Two weeks ago it was working great!

• Ron SandfordRon Sandford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have just uninstalled and reinstalled swiftkey, and, miraculously, all my predictions have returned!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base