What is your SwiftKey bug?

The new emoji from HandcentSMS, Go SMS and ChompSMS cause a force close due to SwiftKey

When you use SwiftKey 3 (Android 4.0.4) with one of the most popular SMS apps, then the SMS app crashes when you try to add an emoji from the SMS app.
When I switch to the normal Android keyboard, then the app doesn't crash.
The problem is coming from SwiftKey. I guess it's because SwitfKey doesn't support some unicodes and creates this problem.

BTW, my Android is in French, as well as my Switfey keyboard.

Please fix it ASAP

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JarodJarod shared a merged idea: The new emoji from HandcentSMS, Go SMS and ChompSMS cause a force close due to SwiftKey  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NainNain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue but with whatsapp v.2.11.150. Running swiftkey version 4.4.3.262. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 running android 4.3. It keeps crashing whatsapp when. Samsung stock keyboard does not provoke the force close of whatsapp.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. I have the same problem. It force closes when i use emoji in Chomp SMS. I've installed and tried the new Swiftkey Flow. The beta version. I think it supports the emoji unicode because my chompsms doesn't force close anymore. Hope it helps :D

• tsukeyomitsukeyomi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I'm on a Xperia S (LT26i) running Android 4.0.4. When i try to write an Emoji and then text there's an error as soon as the keyboard pops out. Please fix it! I bought your keyboard and i'm hopeful the team won't disappoint me. Thanks!

• gregosor78gregosor78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly the same problem.
        French phone, Handcent with emoji plugin.

No FC while using another keyboard.

Feedback and Knowledge Base