What is your SwiftKey bug?

Amazon Swiftkey crashes / force closes / won't install

I've deleted Swiftkey 3's data about forty times now, I've reinstalled it fifty times and still it does not work on my factory reset Galaxy S3. I keep redownloading it off of Amazong Apps and it keeps giving me the same problem. Can someone please help me on this, this is the kind of issue that can make a user bald.

334 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Memo MassoMemo Masso shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mikhail BogopolskiyMikhail Bogopolskiy shared a merged idea: Amazon App crash  ·   · 
    Aric BraunAric Braun shared a merged idea: Amazon crashes (3.0.4.343)  ·   · 
    Joshua PavlicaJoshua Pavlica shared a merged idea: Amazon crashes (3.0.4.343)  ·   · 
    chrischris shared a merged idea: Amazon: 3.0.4.343 force close  ·   · 
    Jeff Carmen Jeff Carmen shared a merged idea: paid version of swiftkey 3 via amazon. Razr HD running ICS. "Unfortunately, Swiftkey 3 has stopped." Have uninstalled and reinstalled.  ·   · 
    BerndBernd shared a merged idea: Amazon Startet nicht beim Galaxy S3  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Amazon SwiftKey crashes 3.0.4.343  ·   · 

129 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChaunceyChauncey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see I am not the only on having an issue with this. Will the on from play store work?

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even after the update of the amazon app store the application still doesn't work.

• Mikhail BogopolskiyMikhail Bogopolskiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been over 2 weeks since you promised us this update, I really miss your keyboard. Any updates on when this fix is coming?

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad I could help! Doesn't hurt to be a developer. ;)

For everyone else, workaround - see post 10/26/2012.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got it to work by uninstalling the Swiftkey from Amazon. Installing the trial version from Google Play. Then installing SwiftKey from Amazon again (without removing the trial version). After you go through the setup with the full version from Amazon, it'll ask if you want to remove the trial - select yes to uninstall the trial. Hope this works for others!

• LinicksLinicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not even a "Hey, we're still workin on it, hang in there"? sorry to sound ungrateful, just wondering if there is an update.
        thanks,

• TariTari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got a replacement phone (HTC Rezound) and have been going crazy because I couldn't get SwiftKey to work properly. Hope this gets resolved soon.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so bad, I started to use swift key again after seeing the SwiftKey flow announcement. But I can't even get it to install right!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base