What is your SwiftKey bug?

Prediction bar disappears

The prediction bar disappears all the time.
For example when going to the settings then back to entry in a text field.
Only way to get it back its to switch to another input method then back to swiftkey.
Will only consider buying this when fixed.
(Wow, typing text in those dynamic fields from a mobile certainly is painful! )

253 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TomTom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Desaparecen las palabras predictivas de la nada  ·   · 
    SamSam shared a merged idea: Prediction bar disappearing  ·   · 

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben GleasonBen Gleason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was happening in an earlier version (perhaps two versions ago?) under Cyanogenmod 9 or 10 on an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-I777). The newer versions of SwiftKey don't seem to have this problem, using stock Android 4.4.2 on a Nexus 4.

• sberla54sberla54 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here, when using Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

This only happens in landscape mode.

• Wendy Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note II, Android ver 4.1.2. This problem is most apparent when I'm using the Facebook app. Changing the device orientation is a temp fix at best.

I find it disheartening that this issue is so old and still unresolved. Any updates?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Samsung GS3, Jellybean, SwiftKey3 V 4.1.2.147 (and all earlier versions since about 1/1/13)

Predictive text bar disappears when SwiftKey suggests a full name from my contacts that happens to have the same first name that I am trying to type, and I refuse the suggestion. The bar with all predictive text then just disappears.

• Lady DiLady Di commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I lose the prediction field as well in some apps. I'll have to come back and update which ones for sure on the Galaxy S2. I'm glad this is here as I needed that reminder.

• LizLiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have tried the suggestions here but still cannot get predictions back. What does Swiftkey have to say?

• Misha NoviniMisha Novini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this problem is with android, not SwiftKey. I have the exact same issue with swype. However I also have to report that this problem is consistent with SwiftKey in maps. The prediction bar flat out refuses to appear.

• Meep70Meep70 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the paid version and using a custom Jellybean ROM on a Galaxy Nexus. After a recent update, predictions disappear, sporadically. I have noticed a few ways to get predictions to return:

1. Close the keyboard (swipe down, across the keys), then click on the text entry field to cause the keyboard to come up again.

2. Change the phone orientation. If you are in portrait, turn it sideways, and the predictions return, then back vertical, and they remain there.

• Helder MartinsHelder Martins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered, that when I'm in my house (using my own WIFI) predictions are there, after I get out (regular 3G) predictions dissapear unless I download dictionary and if I connect to any outside WIFI predictions are not there.

I'm not sure if it makes sense, but could it be related to a network permission or something? I know it's not IP as my house's network IP changes every single hour.

I hope this can be fixed, if not I really would like my money back, is really ridiculous that we don't get any support at all!

I am using ICS on Lenovo S560. And the only way to make prediction bar appear again is restarting my device

• Callum TCallum T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here with Samsung S3 JB 4.1.1 - you can temporarily fix it by swiping the keyboard 'down' then bringing it back and it's fixed...but only temporarily

• Kevin StraughterKevin Straughter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use SwiftKey 3 Keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. I absolutely love this keyboard. It makes typing so much easier on my phone. It's much less of a chore. My only complaint is that when I share an article from Appy Geek my favorite news aggregator app. Normally it works fantastically, but when I share from Appy Geek to Facebook my predictions never show up. This is a real annoyance to me. I love this app, and that's when I really need it. I'm writing an entire paragraph intentionally with my smartphone, and that's when it comes the most in handy. I'd really appreciate it if you could fix this bug. It would make my experience with your app so much more pleasant.

• Wes WilliamsonWes Williamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Very aggravating. Haven't figured out exactly what makes it disappear yet. But sometimes it's more frequently gone than others. You can make it reappear by turning your phone sideways so it goes into landscape mode, then it's back and it stays back when you turn back to portrait mode. The bad thing about it is when it's gone, I realize how atrocious my typing is. Please fix this pronto! Galaxy S3.

• BMPBMP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here. Galaxy s3 - JB

Worked fine until JB update.

Works most of the time and then stops.

If I exit out of the text message and go back in - the predictive texts re-appears.

I am having the same trouble in most apps. A good way to reproduce the error is to turn the screen off and then back on. When you do this in major apps, for example in the "messaging" app you will see that when it first wakes up there will be no bar, but it will quickly appear. This does not happen in other apps, which tells me that the swiftkey team had to do something specific to get this working in "messaging". In both the default keyboard and "hacker's keyboard" the suggestion bar is always there, and there isn't a flicker when waking the phone.

One way to get it back is to hide and then restore the keyboard (down gesture to hide the keyboard, and then click on the text field to restore it), but this is a pain and that it has been going on for so long has me worried.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base