What is your SwiftKey bug?

"spacebar will" is broken

Even though the spacebar is set to "always insert a prediction", it behaves just like the method "always insert a space". If I want to insert a prediction, I have to press the middle area above the keyboard. The two other inserting-methods are working as they are supposed to.
This wasn't a problem before Swiftkey 3. I am using a HTC One S with a Norwegian language and layout.

430 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Magnus DyngenMagnus Dyngen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Space tp complete word isn't working.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: [Spacebar will...] is broken  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Word predicción doesnt work when New lenguaje Spanish (Latinamerica) is active after L  ·   · 
    RyanRyan shared a merged idea: Autocorrect no longer working.  ·   · 
    Dan Angelow Dan Angelow shared a merged idea: spacebar will broken  ·   · 
    linalina shared a merged idea: Auto-correct broken  ·   · 
    TrevorTrevor shared a merged idea: After the most recent patch (3.0.1) the spacebar does not enter predictions  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: <spacebar will> broken  ·   · 
    PamePame shared a merged idea: No me aparece la correccion de las palabras help  ·   · 
    Diana LaRussaDiana LaRussa shared a merged idea: spacebar will broken  ·   · 
    R DR D shared a merged idea: [spacebar will] broken  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: spacebar will broken  ·   · 
    OshriOshri shared a merged idea: spacebar will broken  ·   · 
    Anthea BursonAnthea Burson shared a merged idea: <spacebar will> broken  ·   · 
    David MulliganDavid Mulligan shared a merged idea: <spacebar will...> setting broken  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: spacebar will setting broken  ·   · 
    SimonSimon shared a merged idea: Doesnt seem to autocorrect at all  ·   · 
    Savannah Savannah shared a merged idea: Word prediction and auto correct  ·   · 
    FabioFabio shared a merged idea: Spacebar is not inserting prediction anymore  ·   · 
    SamSam shared a merged idea: When I click the space bar, the word does not auto-complete or correct.  ·   · 
    completed  ·  RyanAdminRyan (Community Manager, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Hi community,

As a few updates have been pushed out to the app since this bug report was published. It appears the bug has been resolved.

If it is, please report the bug in a new thread leaving this information.

1) Your device model and OS
    2) Your current version of SwiftKey
    3) An explanation of what is happening vs what you thought should happen
    4) The exact steps you took to recreate this issue

Thank you for your feedback.

75 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am the previous guy that commented earlier. I left SwiftKey for a while when the problem became unbearable and migrated to TouchPal X, but when I decided to give SwiftKey one more try with the same version (4.4.2) surprisingly the problem is gone and still is 2 updates later.

But now I have another problem
        Device: Gionee Elife E3 also called BLU life Play
        SwiftKey Version: 4.4.xxx

Bug: my SwiftKey keypad lags sometimes when I am typing really fast, taking a long time to input the words long after I had typed them.
        This happens only when there is a memory card in my phone and SwiftKey shifts it's Files to the new external memory.

Apps noticed on: Opera Web browser address bar
        Office Suite
        And right here in this text box

Whenever I am typing in some text field in some sites like nairaland. com the same currently typed word disappears after hitting the space bar... It is very frustrating and makes typing showers since I have to backspace type the word again

• DezzoDezzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh for crap sake, this problem has been annoying me to death as I try to type, and i come to the support forums only to find out that it was first reported and acknowledged by SwiftKey Support back in 2012??

FIX IT.

I have been continually unimpressed with the SwiftKey staff when it comes to fixing bugs or improving small things that desperately need improving from a usability standpoint.

• f.h.wolthuisf.h.wolthuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me the space bar does work, but continue typing after a comma or period only works when I insert and delete an extra space manually. Even on this forum it happens, but surely on every php forum I post on. Asus TF300 running stock Android 4.2 and latest SwiftKey 4.4.1.241, installed English UK, Dutch and German languages.

For me the spacebar inserts the predicted text but when I press the predicted text it doesn't do anything now.

Me pasa lo mismo no me aparecen las predicciones y veo que hace un año sigue igual porfaor solucionenlo uso el español de argentina

• *Mary Bailey**Mary Bailey* commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having a problem with the space bar always inserting a period, despite me having it set to "always insert a space" checked in the settings. Why is this happening?

• Paul BurgerPaul Burger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem also exists in v4.1.3.149 on Galaxy S running CyanogenMod 10.1.2 for Afrikaans language.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also broken for me when using the Korean module. English works fine.

• James LeeJames Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a problem for me as well. Using SwiftKey 4.0, English, Samsung Galaxy S II.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to forgetting spacebar settings, Swiftkey also forgets that I have on Rapid typing style and will stop autocorrecting my typing.

• Fernando MorenoFernando Moreno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Confirm that changing Spanish from Latin America fix the issue... Just changed to Spanish US and working again!

I change the lenguage from Latin American to Spanish (Spain) and now ir working.

• Egīls ŠēfersEgīls Šēfers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have this problem with asus tf300t using physical keyboard but not the software keyboard. please fix this

• OliOli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem on xperia ray SwiftKey 3.1.0.377 and Android 4.0.4

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base