What is your SwiftKey bug?

Missing characters on top of letters (secondary or alternate characters or numbers)

After the upgrade I am missing the characters on top of the letters. For example the number 8 is not displayed on top of the letter i as it was before. It still works to long press the i to her the number 8, but I have to guess where the characters are. What can I do to fix this?

527 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mats ByfuglienMats Byfuglien shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Richard KofflerRichard Koffler shared a merged idea: secondary characters disappear  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Desaparece del teclado los símbolos de caracteres secundarios de las teclas.  ·   · 
    Fernando OrtizFernando Ortiz shared a merged idea: secondary characters missing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: secondary keys missing  ·   · 
    HectorHector shared a merged idea: secondary characters missing  ·   · 
    MikaelMikael shared a merged idea: secondary keys missing  ·   · 
    AndersAnders shared a merged idea: secondary characters missing  ·   · 
    Joakim SvenssonJoakim Svensson shared a merged idea: Additional characters not displayed  ·   · 
    AriAri shared a merged idea: Hello, with the last updates, there is a problem with the AZERTY french keyboard : apostrophes, numbers, and any other character appear anym  ·   · 
    die GOdie GO shared a merged idea: Keys losing secondary characters  ·   · 
    Roger A WikingRoger A Wiking shared a merged idea: Special sign disappear  ·   · 
    Dominique Raoul Dominique Raoul shared a merged idea: Missing secondary characters on French keyboard in v3.0.0.281. HTC sensation /ics  ·   · 
    Martin MadsenMartin Madsen shared a merged idea: Special characters are still bugged after the latest 3.0.0.281 update  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: The special characters are not shown when using danish/english/dutch keyboard/language. And predictions doesnt work when typing this!  ·   · 
    Octávio CraveiroOctávio Craveiro shared a merged idea: I can't see the small caractheres in the keys  ·   · 
    Sebastian GSebastian G shared a merged idea: Long press letters are missing e.g. there are no 5 on the t. Galaxy S3  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: missing secondary characters  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Numbers and symbols disappear.r from the  ·   · 
    alfredo alvarezalfredo alvarez shared a merged idea: Secondary characters don't show up in keyboard  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: AZERTY keyboard still broken. Please! Extended characters not visible.  ·   · 
    Pels yarniPels yarni shared a merged idea: azerty no long press icon  ·   · 
    Henrik 'Mauritz' JohnsonHenrik 'Mauritz' Johnson shared a merged idea: After the latest update I can no longer see the long key press upper right alternative on any key except on the bottom row  ·   · 
    Alexander GambarianAlexander Gambarian shared a merged idea: Reporting a bug in Russian keyboard. No signs (like +, - etc.) are visible.  ·   · 

198 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all secondary/alternate (parenthesis, percent symbol, underscore, etc.) keys wont appear on either the keyboard or the actual message

• Muharrem ARMAN Muharrem ARMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Turkish chr "ı" appears correctly by long press "i", but chr. "I"  doesn't exist when uppercase "İ" long pressing.

(Language Turkish and English both Selected)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went to send a text message but my letters are missing and it is a blank screen...i can still draw a line through the letters and they appear in the message but not on the keyboard, though my number show up if i was to text those..please help

• chlebchleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

version 3.0.0.302 fixed the alt symbols/numbers disappearing bug for me !
        thanks

Nexus S - CM9 - French Azerty layout.

• Frédéric BrangerFrédéric Branger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here

Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.0.4 for any language layout.
        Actually I can see that characters are actually not missing but rendered too high in the key rectangle, so clipping is done.
        For instance I can see a few pixels of the lower part of the parenthesis or @ alternate character

• Bart DorlandtBart Dorlandt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Samsung Galaxy S2, all apps for which typing is needed.
        ROM: ICS VK http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1559009

I have uninstalled the swiftkey app, rebooted, titanium backup restore the app+data, reboot and selected the default keyboard as being swiftkey again. Now i have my secondary characters back.

(the backup was made when i didn't see the secondary characters)

• totototo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Galaxy S III : the problem appears with AZERTY layout, not QWERTY

• Kaushal ModiKaushal Modi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this bug too, very often. It happens almost every day. I fix it by restoring the last backed up Swiftkey copy from Titanium Backup.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HTC One X, and well... I have not noted that this happens more with any apps in particular... it just happens:P

• mgmg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here on HTC One X. The characters seem to be there though, they're just above the visible area. For example, I can see the bottom pixles of characters like (, ) and @.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base