or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    -- shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Johannes RichterJohannes Richter shared a merged idea: SwiftKey now uses more battery than my screen  ·   · 
    Vikram VirkVikram Virk shared a merged idea: Excessive Battery Usage  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Excessive battery usage  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Excessive Battery Drain  ·   · 
    ParkerParker shared a merged idea: excessive battery drain  ·   · 
    Dominik Dominik shared a merged idea: Power consumption / excessive battery usage  ·   · 
    ivanivan shared a merged idea: excessive battery usage  ·   · 
    Shy14Shy14 shared a merged idea: excessive battery usage  ·   · 
    Matt WebbMatt Webb shared a merged idea: excessive battery usage  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: excessive battery usage  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Battery Killer  ·   · 
    MaryMary shared a merged idea: Excessive battery usage  ·   · 
    Rik MeeuwsRik Meeuws shared a merged idea: battery drain  ·   · 

138 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Nexus 7. I uninstalled Swiftkey and my battery usage went from 24 hours to 3 days. I use swiftkey on my phone and it works great. I think there is still a bug here

• Martin EllisMartin Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems to be ok for me now, always been alright on phone but Nexus 7 was terrible. Fixed for me.

Adding to my previous comment below - I rebooted the phone and that doesn't help. I have to kill the app, or it kills the battery.

I also see that nobody responded to my posts - is this thread even being monitored?

Just to add to my previous comment: I do not have sync set up, so that shouldn't be the issue. The issue just started within the last couple of days. I haven't made any explicit changes to the setting. It used to be fine before. Running version 4.4.4.264.

The battery problem is resolved if I kill the app. I'm using the system battery monitor. I'll try rebooting, but at the moment not currently sure if that will resolve it.

I have the same problem right now. The CPU usage is high and it's killing my battery. Please fix ASAP.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Battery drain since latest updates on my Neus 4. I got highest battery usage of 50% from swiftkey.
        Kills my battery very very hard.

• ivanivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Battery still drains.too many wakelocks. Please take this issue seriously and remove the tag completed.its definitely not complete.

Not resolved for me - it appears that swiftkey got a wakelock last night and killed my Nexus 7 (2013) completely. I believe that this also happened the other day, though I didn't have time to investigate then so I'm not sure it was swiftkey. I'm am on 4.2.1.202 on an android 4.3 rom (Paranoid). Here are screenshots of the battery statistics: http://imgur.com/a/VRTbN

• Martin EllisMartin Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've never had a battery drain issue on a phone (galaxy nexus and currently HTC one) but on both my 2012 and 2013 nexus tablets the keep awake stats etc are unmanageable and app needed to be removed. I have done all the trouble shooting, same as i did on last year's tablet but it still happens. Love it on my phone, tho.

• Jonathan Jacobson Jonathan Jacobson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The battery still drains far too quickly. I tried this ""stop" under Google backup transport. It didn't fix adequately. I am concerned all is ok before I buy the app. It really drains the battery very quickly

• W. S.W. S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Suddenly swiftkey takes > 50% battery. Backup&Sync are turned off.

It seems I accidentially switched on the "trending phrases", maybe that's the reason? I switched it off now, let's see if that helps

(SGS2/CM10.2)

SwiftKey tablet on my table consumes about 60 percent of the battery. SwiftKey is really amazing but, battery drain made it worse. Please update soon.

• Pierre-Yves NicolasPierre-Yves Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just update to 4.3. It's smooth with my Nexus 4 but my battery usage is SOOO High ! When I checked, the Swiftkey service might be responsible for that !
        I can't live without your app ! Fix this issues please !

• RiaanRiaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same on my Galaxy S4, battery draining quickly after installation. Seems like the sync service gets "stuck" - couldn't see much network traffic, but sync was still busy a couple of hours after activating the "cloud" account.

Removed the cloud account, and battery drain continued to empty, where the phone shut down. Booted and charged again, I'm not seeing the same drain.

This seems to point to the backup service, which probably continued even though I deleted the cloud account.

• Philip KingPhilip King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FURTHER
        Turning off the cloud did not resolve the issue. Somehow Swiftkey is keeping the phone "awake" causing unmanageable battery drain.

Reluctantly, I have removed Swiftkey until I can work out how to rollback to the previous working version.

• Philip KingPhilip King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following installation of SwiftKey Cloud my battery life has diminished noticeably. According to the battery statistics on my phone SwiftKey is using 72% of the battery. It looks like it's constantly active and not "going to sleep".
        I am going to try turning off the cloud to see if that helps.

• SkSk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge battery drain on my HTC one with swift key. Have uninstalled it. Hope battery discharge returns to normal now.

• Chris BrennanChris Brennan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running latest version of swift key on a gs3 with cm10.1.2 android 4.2.2. After the last update was installed I noticed battery went from lasting 10 hours of normal use on lte to only lasting 4 or so. Uninstalled swiftkey and everything is back to normal. The 4.2 android keyboard isn't that bad after all. Will definitely stick with it at least until the battery drain issue is fixed.

• IonutIonut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having battery drain with payed version although the trial version didn't have this issue.
        My phone is Samsung Galaxy S2+ (I9105P), Android 4.1.2

• Adam SharifAdam Sharif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having a similar issue with my HTC One X - I have switched from SwiftKey to try out Google Keyboard, and I've noticed that after 5 hours on battery, my phone has around 30% more battery life than it did yesterday at the same time, with roughly the same usage, when SwiftKey was installed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base