What is your SwiftKey bug?

FN key into lockmode on HTC Desire Z / hardkb

While typing on the hardware keyboard of my HTC Desire Z (also known as T-mo G2) and pressing the FN key, it gets into lockmode. Normally the FN is just applied for the first next character, only when the FN is pressed twice it needs to get into lockmode. The problem is appearing since i updated to SK3.

665 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christiaan Gombert Christiaan Gombert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LisaLisa shared a merged idea: Hitting shift on hardware keyboard is treated like capslock  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Evan TapperEvan Tapper responded  · 

This issue with the hard keyboard has been resolved in the update of 4.0.1 which we just released today.

You can also see what version you are using within the “About” submenu within SwiftKey.

109 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarcoidMarcoid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fixed in version 4.0.1.128 -- thanks for the excellent patch! I'm now using SwiftKey full-time again, and I've updated my review in the the Google Market.

• Juan CarlosJuan Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem has been solved in the last update!!! The release 4.0.1 solves the problem and now works like Swiftkey 2.

Thank you very much for the patch!!

• Juan Carlos RománJuan Carlos Román commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CORRECT FUNCTIONING: Hit Alt once, the next key you hit will be the alternate number or symbol above the main function of the key. Hit Alt twice, it locks Alt on so all the keys you hit next will be the alternate character. And you can cycle through these by hitting Alt multiple times and you see the typing cursor change with a different triangle symbol above the cursor. The Shift/Caps key works the same way, but just capitalizes the key instead of the Alt function.
        With Swiftkey 3+ (not X) the keys function completely different. If you hit the Shift/Caps key once it essentially turns Caps Lock on, making all characters I type capitals. And if I want to turn it off I have to hit it one more type, type another capital character and then it's back to normal. Along with this the symbols above the typing cursor are now gone making it difficult to know when I have caps lock on. The Alt key locks the same way.

Now I don't know if this is "working as intended" or not, but I would really like to figure out a way to revert it back to the normal, and logical, way of typing.

T-mobile G2, Andromadus Jelly Bean CM10.1

• PetrSPetrS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Samsung Captivate Glide (Galaxy SII)
        - Custom ROM: Unofficial AOKP 4.2.1

• Billy Pittman Billy Pittman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a Samsung Epic 4g running Android 4.1.2 with the Cyanogen Mod 10 (CM10), it also happens using CM7 and CM9.

• MarcoidMarcoid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Samsung Epic 4G (1st generation Galaxy S)
        - Custom ROM: Cyanogenmod 10 (Android version 4.1.2)

• RobertaRoberta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the relay, the alt key works properly, but the shift key gets stuck on and I have to go through machinations of turning alt on, pressing period, then choosing an auto suggestion or typing a letter then alt again and backspace over the mess I just made trying to capitalize a word.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base