What is your SwiftKey bug?

backspace inserts repeats

when deleting, once the cursor delete a space character, it starts pasting an incomplete word with each delete press.
starting with:
This test
i can delete to:
This_ (_ represents a space)
after deleting the space character, each delete key press ends up like this:
ThisThi
ThisTh
ThisT
This
Thi
ThiTh
ThiT
Thi
Th
ThT
My phone is a at&t version of htc one x, and this seems to happen in multiple apps like (Evernote Notes application), but some apps do not have this problem. Gmail for instance is fine, maybe because space in Gmail is not represented as an ascii, rather a html escape sequence.

541 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael ChoMichael Cho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this bug is NOT fixed. Makes this keyboard useless for me due to the fact that it forces me to delete emails that i am attempting to write.

• Gaspard Leon Gaspard Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a top priority... It makes Web searches very difficult. I have Samsung Galaxy SII i9300 with Google Chrome.. When is the backspace not a backspace?!

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this seems to be a duplicate.
        An official statement would be great.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this is the same issue as ad bug - "Google Chrome : Backspace inserts and repeats letters"
        HTC Amaze ICS

• MarcelitoMarcelito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still happening randomly in firefox and chrome on ICS and now JB.

Not very easy to reproduce though.

Any news?

• Nhat NguyenNhat Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just used 3 votes on this too but this seems to be an issue rooted in Google Chrome. I experience this with all 3rd party keyboards with Swiftkey being the least problematic.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In mid prediction if the suggestion remains in one of the three prediction options, and you touch navigate to a different part of the paragraph you were typing, backspace no longer serves to delete your mistake, but, now, with every press of backspace more of that prediction shows up. This tends to happen in youtube type comment boxes. Thanks.

• Matt GMatt G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem in default texting app on the Incredible 2. It mostly occurs when I move the cursor to the middle of a word or to a different part of the sentence. Sometimes, even when I move the cursor back to the end of the sentence, it continutes deleting/pasting words into the middle. Please resolve!

I have the same problem when using Google chrome and handscent, has this been confirmed as an official bug yet. It seems to happen quite frequently.

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been identified has an official confirmation bug yet? It occurs frequently for me. I have screen shots of this bug in progress if it's helpful at all? (and as I type now I am experiencing the jumping cursor bug and a stubbornness that won't let me move the cursor in front of the colon to delete it.- it just jumps back in front of it and deletes the character which it follows .. : ( ) grr

• Zach PobanzZach Pobanz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm experiencing the same issue. Quite frequently lately in chrome browser and prior to this in messaging, native and in hand cent. The only way to correct my issue is to change back to the stock keyboard.

Galaxy Nexus, jelly bean 4.1.1

Zach.pobanz@gmail.com

• HanoverLokiHanoverLoki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. In my case it appears randomly in messages, search bar... everywhere.
        - Nexus S, 4.0.4 -

Using GS3, occurs when using chrome or Web browser. Also having problems selecting a specific part of a sentence when needing to edit.

Also have this problem in Chrome (non beta). I am on a Galaxy Nexus, rooted, 4.0.4. However this also occurred before my phone was rooted.

• Matthew BuckMatthew Buck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening on my GS3, in every application: Chomp, Chrome, the stock browser. It makes the program unusable and I have asked for a refund.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base