2. Bug reports

SwiftKey is committed to our users and is constantly working on and releasing bug fixes. This forum is where we can gather information to help our development team identify and fix bugs. The more specific information you can give us, the faster we can get them fixed!

Many problems can be resolved by making sure that you are running the most up-to-date version of SwiftKey – currently 4.4. You can find your current version by pressing and holding the bottom-left key (123) on the keyboard, choosing Settings, and tapping “About”.

Before Posting a New Bug Thread – Please make sure to search for your bug and see if someone has reported the same issue. If so, you can just add your votes, which is the best way to get it on our radar!

If you see your bug / issue has not been reported, create a new bug thread and leave the following information → this information is crucial for our team when it comes to fixing the bugs.

Leave this information in the comments, not in the ‘describe bug’ text box
1) Your device model and OS
2) Your current version of SwiftKey
3) An explanation of what is happening vs what you thought should happen
4) The exact steps you took to recreate this issue

Please list only one bug per thread. Thanks very much.

If you have feedback regarding a Beta version of SwiftKey please go to our Bug Reports VIP Community at http://vip.swiftkey.net — We will disregard any beta feedback left on this forum.

What is your SwiftKey bug?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. 572 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello community,

We know this is a very frustrating issue.

We have something you can try to fix it:

Note* this will clear all data and saved language from the application. Please make sure you are okay with this. You can turn on the cloud backup and sync feature to get it all back*

- Open your device settings → app manager → SwiftKey → Clear cache and data → open SwiftKey and make sure all your settings are how you like it.

- Give SwiftKey a fresh install

I hope one of those work in the meantime.

Otherwise, please leave all relevant information in the comments: device model, OS and SwiftKey version.

Thank you for your help and patience.

• Reverts to default keyboard at reboot / restart

After I updated my device to Jelly Bean, Swiftkey keeps returning to android default keyboard after restart or shutdown. I uninstalled the keyboard and re-installed it but nothing happened. Everytime the phone loads the OS i go to setting and configure again Swiftkey

3,771 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        863 comments  ·  4. Settings bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone – this issue relates to the location on your phone where Google Play installs paid apps. We appreciate that it is very annoying.

Advice: if you place the SwiftKey icon on your home screen, resetting it as your input method will literally only take two clicks.

Note: This issue has now been fixed in an update to the Android 4.3 operating system for those using the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Explanation of the issue:

We are currently in contact with Google Play to see if there is anything that they can do to fix this.

The issue is that Google Play installs paid apps in a particular location on your phone and that in some versions of Android (particularly 4.1 on Samsung devices) this location is not available at the point in the boot process where keyboards are being switched on. So your phone does not know that you…

• Losing installed language on reboot - Version 4.4.4

I installed the latest version of SwiftKey 4.4.3.262 and keep losing the installed language after rebooting. I have Samsung galaxy SII with OS 4.0.4

213 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          94 comments  ·  6. Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello community,

We are sorry that this is happening again for some users/devices. Please continue to leave all feedback you can in the comments to help us narrow down the issue.

Leave your device model, OS version and SwiftKey version.

Thank you for the help and feedback.

• 604 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            52 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 231 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Prediction text font is too big (since SwiftKey 4.2 launch)

Since updating to 4.2 cloud, my galaxy s3 predictive text bar had very large font.

232 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                40 comments  ·  6. Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello community,

We have since pushed out a few more updates since I last responded to this issue.

Can you please let me know if this is still happening or not. If so, please leave your device details and SwiftKey version in the comments section.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

• Keyboard not popping up / appearing when I try to type.

Galaxy s3 mini on jelly bean. Latest version of swiftkey 3.

The keyboard does not appear / pop up sometimes when i click / press in a field. This happens in all fields as far as i can tell (messaging, whatsapp, browser).

I have to go into settings and change the keyboard back to the stock keyboard. Use the stock keyboard for a bit, then change the default keyboard back to swiftkey and it starts working again.

433 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
                  After looking into this problem, we found that some of the recent reports are pointing to a known issue: the keyboard is unset as default in some devices after an update or reboot, as you can see here:
                  http://support.swiftkey.net/knowledgebase/articles/122554-default-keyboard-reset-on-every-restart-or-reboot-

We’d really appreciate if you could post your report in our bugs forum with details about the phone, Android version, SwiftKey version and some steps where you can reliably reproduce this problem. That would help us a lot to fix this problem for you.

Thank you for all your help
                  The SwiftKey Team

• Insufficient Storage Space

Already running Swiftkey 3 Tablet on Galaxy note. The latest update to version 3.0.4 does not download further than 850k odd of a 6.16MB upgrade, then yields the error "Insufficient Storage available"
                  On Internal Storage, there's 212MB available and SD there is 3.65GB available - why can I then not upgrade?
                  Galaxy Note version Android 4.0.4

67 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. The issue raised is related to how Android installs/updates an app and how it designates space.

Advice:
                    Since the Android Operating System deals with how an app is installed/upgraded, there is not much we can do directly. However we can give the following tips as possible workarounds for the issue.

1. You can move installed applications to the SD card (support added from Froyo 2.2). This can by done by going to Settings → Apps → [Tap on an app] → [Move to SD card]. N.B. Not all apps can be moved to the SD card, and to make this task easier you can download an app from the PlayStore which can list those apps that have this support.
                    Do not move SwiftKey to the SD card as it will prevent it from running correctly.

2. You can delete the cache and data…

• Can not download language/lang pack (4.4.4)

I can not download Indonesian language pack

62 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      17 comments  ·  6. Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello community,

Please make sure you are running the newest version of SwiftKey, which is 4.4.4.

If you are still having trouble installing a language pack, make sure you are connected to a strong wifi or data network.

If this does not work, please leave the following information in the comments and not in an email reply.

1) Device model and OS version
                      2) SwiftKey version
                      3) Language(s) that are having the issue

Thank you for all your help and feedback.

• The bottom row is hidden by the menu bar in My pipo m9 PRO tablet!

The bottom row is hidden by the menu bar in My pipo m9 PRO tablet!

19 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        under review  ·  4 comments  ·  6. Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Physical keyboard alt and shift key issues. / Hardkb

When ever i press shift or the Alt key once it locked into shift/alt mode instead of just for the button pressed and than changing back. It also stays on if i press the shift/alt key once more.
                        It takes a few tries to be able to type normally but messes up again when shift/alt is used. And if backspace is pressed when the ALT is stuck it deletes everything that was typed.

I have seen this issue on multiple phones with physical keyboards as reported in this area and this issue was not present before the last update.

This…

97 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base