Bug Reports - ARCHIVE

If you have reached this forum from your SwiftKey app, you are running on an outdated version. Please update your app in the Google Play Store.

Your feedback and bug reports are critical to making SwiftKey better, so we want to make sure that we’re set up to take in this information in a way that’s helpful to you and useful to our product roadmap. To that end, we’ve decided to change things up, and remove the Bug Forum as a means of reporting bugs. This will streamline the process and help us resolve issues more efficiently.

Now, to report a bug, simply click on the “Contact Support” link and fill out the necessary information to let us know what you’re dealing with.

Cheers everyone,
The SwiftKey Team

What is your SwiftKey bug?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Nothing is written

Sometimes when I type on the keyboard, nothing is written. This is true with any application (GO SMS, Gmail ...).
    I have to close the application and restart if I want the
    keyboard works again.

For your information, my phone is a Wiko Cink Slim, and I'm running on Android 4.0.4.

1,543 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      232 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We would like to thank everyone who has left their feedback so far. Our initial efforts have focused on resolving this issue within WebKit based browsers and apps on Android 4.1+. However, we would encourage ALL users to upgrade to the most recent version of SwiftKey (4.3.0.186) and report whether this issue is still present for them.

In particular, we would like to hear from users who have experienced this issue in non-WebKit based apps. When replying, please remember to include the following information: the app you were using and what you were doing when the problem arose, the version of SwiftKey you were using, the make and model of your phone, and the version of Android you are using.

• keyboard appears/freezes on homescreen; generally quite unresponsive after last update

Dear swiftkey team,

Since the last update of your software, the swiftkey x keyboard has become highly unreliable, even up to the point of making me switch back to my standard phone keyboard (htc sense 2.1) - for now only, i surely hope, since it's not a perfect match for your truly - almost perfect -typing solution.

The symptoms:

- slowing down Android OS after switching back from applications which use the swiftkey x keyboard

- also keyboard freezes on the screen for some seconds after switching back to the homescreen after use (i.e. appears on the homescreen after returning…

110 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        30 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Google Hangouts, Swiftkey lags and crashes

When using Google Hangouts Swiftkey is often laggy and takes up to a few seconds to respond to key presses (it seems to cache them and then catch up later) Other keyboards work correctly.

On occasion the entire keyboard disappears and then returns, I guess this is a crash?

When typing in all other programmes, G+, Facebook, GMail the keyboard seems responsive, no crashes and perfect.

I have tried clearing the cache and local data but the problem persists.
        The issues appear with flow and cloud either on or off.

Some details you may need:
        Phone: Google Galaxy Nexus
        Android…

100 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          14 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Faint Flow Line on Custom ROM

The Flow line is very faint on some custom ROMs. Kii Keyboard, Swype, and the stock keyboard all have visible flow lines. Swiftkey is the odd ball out. This has been reported by several users but has never been officially addressed.

94 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            18 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Most of the time it is very slow to open keyboard

Often it is very slow to open the keyboard when tapping on a text entry box (i.e. after more than a minute the keyboard has still not appeared).

When I look at CPU usage (with Android assistant) I can see that SwiftKey X is running at about 38% CPU. As I watch it I can see the CPU usage slowly falling over a matter of about 15 minutes towards 0%. Memory usage is consistent at around 5MB (phone has 15MB free).

On the few occasions that SwiftKey does load the keyboard it works well and is very quick and responsive…

92 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Pin unlock keypad

When using pin unlock method, the keypad used to type in the pin is not very good, well see the screenshots comparing it to the sense+ keypad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/327x3qu834ko1zl/2012-10-15_19-07-41.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1wffd0cxv754ff/2012-10-15_19-08-29.png

I'm using HTC One X with JB and Sense+ (firmware 3.14.401.600 with ARHD 11.0 custom rom).

57 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • unable to reinstall / error unknown -24

Since a full reinstall of Android 4.1.1 on my Galaxy Nexus I can't reinstall Swiftkey on it.

Each time I tried I got the message that the installation cannot be performed and return an unknown error code -24
                I tried to after having cleared data and cache of google play store and google framework services app. Same issue.

Is this a known bug (I found nothing about it) ? Is there a workaround ?

56 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Certain letters will not work at random. I must continually press the "p" key, for example, several times before it works.

Certain letters will not work at random. I must continually press the "p" key, for example, several times before it works.

53 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    11 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Voice to text not working over bluetooth

I have a Galaxy S3 that recently received the Jelly Bean update. The speech to text function no longer works when I am connected to bluetooth. Google Now and SVoice both seem to work fine. Its only the speech to text button in SwiftKey and only when I am using bluetooth. The mic icon just stays black and doesn't respond to anything I say. It works fine when not connected to bluetooth but, given that SVoice and Google Now function without a problem when I'm using the bluetooth mic on my car stereo, I don't think the problem is with…

48 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      20 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We have managed to reproduce this issue. However, the stock Samsung keyboard exhibits exactly the same problem, which suggests that it is either Samsung or Google’s problem and not ours.

It seems that the bluetooth/Google Voice interaction is problematic in general on 4.1.1. For example, see this thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/790643

The good news is that this workaround seems to work perfectly:

“If you go into Settings > Bluetooth > select device and then disable “Connect to Media” you will be able to use your bluetooth headset to voice to text again. The downside is you will no longer be able to hear other sounds like music, podcasts, vids etc."

Best Wishes,
                      Sarah

• Randomly minimizes and slow to open

Newest version randomly minimizes, frequently. Often fails to open or very slow to respond to text fields.

46 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 41 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • App size after installation is more than 60MB, when Play Store mentioned 16MB

I've installed version 4.4.1.241 on my HTC Desire S. After installing Swiftkey, it took about 60MB of my phone's internal storage of 1GB. Now, Swiftkey lags when being invoked and typing.

38 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Swiftkey flow trail disappears

If I put my phone in sleep mode with the keyboard open and then turn it on again, Swiftkey doesn't show a trail when using flow unless I close the keyboard and open it back up again.

32 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              9 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Vibration doesn't work

Hey, guys. A question/problem. I have purchased your app, and i love it. Have been using it for a while now. I used it on Nexus 4 and didn't have any problems. Now I have switched to Galaxy s4 and installed your keyboard. Everything works, except the vibrate feature on keypress. I mean, I want it to vibrate while I type. And it worked perfectly fine on nexus 4, but on galaxy s4, all I can get is a sound on keypress while typing. No matter what vibration intensity i choose. Am i doing something wrong? I really want the…

31 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                10 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Qwerty layout for Georgian

Please let us use QWERTY layput for Georgian (ქართული). It is much more frequent compared to the current layout in the app.

27 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Scrolls to top of screen in text/SMS (randomly)

After I send a message and the keyboard closes, it moves me to the top of my conversation and I have to scroll down again. Happens 85% of the time. Please fix. Galaxy s4

26 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    6 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Bug when connecting a Bluetooth Wireless keyboard,

When connecting Bluetooth Keyboard to my S2 with ICS 4.0.3, I keep getting the message, "Please change input method to Samsung IME to use Bluetooth Keyboard. Yet it works fine with SwiftKey. Can this bug be resolved, please? Thanks. It is annoying to have it keep switching to Samsung IME automatically when it detects my keyboard then I have to switch back after using the keyboard.

25 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      6 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Hangout: short press on enter key insert a smiley, to use enter key long press is needed. i'm using galaxy note2 and running jellybean 4.1

I checked it in more devices like I9500 with 4.2.2 and it has the same problem.
                                      please fix it.

25 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Keyboard pops up but typing doesn't work for few seconds

Every once in awhile when i try to type something, the keyboard pops up and everything looks fine, but when I start typing the words don't appear. I have to wait about 5 seconds until I can actually begin typing, it's very tiresome.

24 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • keyboard bug on calculator

When i launch the callculator app from the google now, the keyboard does not disappear automatically and when i press the back key the callculator closes. Nexus 4 Android 4.4

24 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  6. Language  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29

Feedback and Knowledge Base