Bug Reports - ARCHIVE

If you have reached this forum from your SwiftKey app, you are running on an outdated version. Please update your app in the Google Play Store.

Your feedback and bug reports are critical to making SwiftKey better, so we want to make sure that we’re set up to take in this information in a way that’s helpful to you and useful to our product roadmap. To that end, we’ve decided to change things up, and remove the Bug Forum as a means of reporting bugs. This will streamline the process and help us resolve issues more efficiently.

Now, to report a bug, simply click on the “Contact Support” link and fill out the necessary information to let us know what you’re dealing with.

Cheers everyone,
The SwiftKey Team

What is your SwiftKey bug?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. 268 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      36 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • WhatsApp lag

In SwiftKey 4.3, after I send a WhatsApp message and try to type another message immediately after, there is a 1s lag, where no keystrokes are registered.

It didn't happen on earlier versions, but it surfaced in the 4.3 BETA after which I stopped using it. DIsappointed that it's still here in the final version.

Tried clearing cache and reinstalling but to no avail...

Anyone experiencing this bug too? It's really annoying for a fast typer.

250 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        60 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 126 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          11 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Flow doesn't work properly

Flow functions very inconsistently with samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition. Sometimes Flow works properly; other times the Flow line drags as much as 2 letters, stops, and the word does not show up in the text box. When Flow works, it works perfectly except double letters aren't predicted as well as they could be and the letter "i" when by itself should always be auto capitalized, which it's not.

101 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            12 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi community,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please be sure to add you device information, OS version and version of SwiftKey.

Also, be sure to give as much detail about your issue as possible. We use these threads to help find the root issue.

Thank you for your help and feedback.

• Physical keyboard alt and shift key issues. / Hardkb

When ever i press shift or the Alt key once it locked into shift/alt mode instead of just for the button pressed and than changing back. It also stays on if i press the shift/alt key once more.
            It takes a few tries to be able to type normally but messes up again when shift/alt is used. And if backspace is pressed when the ALT is stuck it deletes everything that was typed.

I have seen this issue on multiple phones with physical keyboards as reported in this area and this issue was not present before the last update.

This…

97 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 84 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                10 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • overaggressive autocorrect feature

the autocorrect feature seems to activate a bit too often. for example, when trying to type "classroom's" for the first time, i had quite a bit of difficulty.
                i don't always agree with autocorrect, so some option to disable it momentarily or override it seems needed. for example, pressing backspace right after an autocorrect will undo the change. or, if i deleted the word and retype it autocorrect will not activate (will not perform the same autocorrect twice in a row). or, an option in the menu to disable it. i understand that adding an extra key for this undesirable…

73 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  14 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Entry of email addresses

I have a continuing difficulty with entering email addresses. This is somewhat annoying when writing ordinary text (e.g., an email or SMS) but particularly frustrating when trying to fill out a web form field that is specifically asking only for an email address.

The problems range from autoinserting spaces inappropriately to completely changing my painstakinglly-entered text based on some prediction. I had hoped that SK would learn email addresses as a class of entities and suggest full addresses in that context. I've read elsewhere that SK is supposed to notice when @ has been inserted and stop auto-changing and auto-space-inserting,…

69 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    7 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • LED notification doesn't work after installing swiftkey

After doing a reset a couple times and trouble shooting the issue I figured out that the reason why the led notifications stops working is because Swiftkey learns from your emails, and text messages.

I guess there is a issue to patch here.

59 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      5 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Capital letters when adding new word to the dictionary

Hello to everyone.

This issue is regarding handling Auto-capitalize feature with words, that has been added to the internal dictionary manually during Swiftkey keyboard usage.

So, when the word, that was added to the dictionary by user, it depends whether it was with capital first letter or not. When first letter was lowercase, then Swiftkey Keyboard handle it OK. But if first letter was Capital - then it will be predicted with first capital letter all the time, even in the middle of sentence.

In the fact, manually added words "Keyboard" and "keyboard" will be considered as different words (actually,…

58 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Entering e-mail address challenges

I've run into the following issues when entering e-mail addresses:

1. SwiftKey is not remembering and suggesting e-mail addresses. I have to type them every time.

2. When the base address contains a period (such as first.last), SwiftKey is entering a space after the period. This should not happen in an e-mail field.

53 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          4 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • backspace stuck deleted all text

Can't really repeat the problem, but I had written a long email and decided to remove the last sentence. I kept pushing the backspace, and when I let go the backspace kept deleting word by word until the entire email was deleted. In panic I pushed all kinds of buttons but it kept deleting. And when the email was deleted I could not type anything before it was deleted again.

50 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            15 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Double backspace with single press on lock screen

There seems to be a double backspace issue when correcting password input. On the lock screen, if I input my password with an error, a single press of the backspace key to correct a single character results in two characters being deleted.

45 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              9 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 44 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Predictive text broken in latest update

Predictive text now defaults to non words and wrong words in prefer energy.... See what I mean? Preference to the desired word correctly inputted.
                                The accuracy of predictive text was excellent in previous release.
                                Also! And? Are often used and need their own key back. It's a nifty trick but not convenient to use.
                                Revert previous release please

42 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  9 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • It's not possible to enter new words if you set the spacebar behaviour to "always insert a space"!!!

This is a really, really big bug!

In the advanced settings, if you set your space bar behaviour to "always insert a space", then you can't enter new words!! The three buttons will always show dictionary predictions, but they'll never show the actual text you're typing. And if you type something that leaves SiwftKey without predictions, it will just show three blank buttons!! There's just no way to enter new words in the dictionary. I'm using a Gingerbread based rom on an HTC Desire

36 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    11 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry all, the previous update was incorrect!
                                    In “always insert a space” mode, SwiftKey will not show a prediction for a word that it has not learned. It will not currently learn from a new word you enter (though it should!)
                                    It will, however, learn from what you have typed when you leave the text field. We plan to fix this soon.

• When typing in a search query or a form online words will get longer as I type and the backspace just makesmakesmakesmakes it get longer.

When typing in a search query or a form online words will get longer as I type and the backspace just makesmakesmakesmakes it get longer.

35 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      16 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In your comments in our Public Forum, if you’d be so kind, please provide details as to what application you are using SwiftKey in that is causing this issue. Also, please provide details pertaining to what device you are using and what version of Android you are running.

Doing so will compartmentalize this feedback as effectively as possible for our Devs to collect more relevant information.

Thanks very much!

• keyboard sometimes doesn't work

Sometimes when I go to send a text the Swiftkey keyboard doesn't work. I start typing, the phone vibrates on each keystroke (thereby acknowledging it), but nothing appears, the predictions aren't there either.

HTC Sensation XE on ICS
                                      Has also happened in Dolphin and Opera Browsers.

33 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Can't enter email address

I have a few email addresses with the same name at different domains. Auto-finish has learned one of the addresses so anytime I try to log into a site with one of the other email addresses, it automatically inserts the auto-finish address when I try to add the ".com" to the different email I am trying to type out instead. I couldn't find a setting where you can disable the "." key from thinking it was the end of a sentence and auto finishing whatever suggestion it thought I currently needed.

33 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Can't type question mark or exclamation mark with Xperia Mini Pro hardware keyboard / hardkb

I can't type a question mark or exclamation mark on my Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i) hardware keyboard, I have to close the hardware keyboard and use the on-screen keyboard.

Same bug on Stock ICS as well as custom ICS rom, so looks like an application issue.

33 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            4 comments  ·  5. Text handling bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42

Feedback and Knowledge Base