What is your SwiftKey bug?

Keyboard Freezes While Up

Example: I'm writing a text to a friend and all is well, but then I send it and try to back out of the app. The keyboard never closes (i.e. goes back down, off the screen, etc.) and I'm unable to type on it or get it to do anything. Since it takes up 50%+ of my phone's screen I can't go into any settings to force close it and I have to reboot EVERY TIME. This doesn't happen on any other keyboard, and it didn't happen before Flow. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I even reinstalled my ROM and it didn't help.

129 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Louis-Blaise Dumais-LevesqueLouis-Blaise Dumais-Levesque shared a merged idea: Keyboard freezes  ·   · 
    completed  ·  RyanAdminRyan (Community Manager, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Hello all -

We released a new version of SwiftKey today bringing it to version: 4.4.2.254.

This should fix the issue where SwiftKey freezes up.

If this issue continues to happen, please repost this bug with your details.

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ive started having problems as well here lately.....used the app for many months and now its freezing up and taking forever to close out, i dont want to switch back to the standard keyboard!

• Upset userUpset user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF SwiftKey?! I have had your keyboard forever and never had any issues, you guys started to load the app with tons of stuff, colour and emojies and not the app freezes or crashes all the f* time!

• MrSpokkMrSpokk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine is freezing to and I have noticed that it does so when typing any word starting with an S. Coincident maybe, but it happens often when I press S...

• JasperJasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is ridiculous. i've always used swifkey and i never had problems. now it crashes all the time. or it gets laggy then it crashes.

Happens on my s5 too. Absolute joke, I've had swiftkey for years and it has only just started to play up

• J.  WingoJ. Wingo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to pile on, but I am shocked that everyone is experiencing the same issues and around the same clumps of time. Is there not a new release or a bug patch? It's quite frustrating. Not only does the screen not close, but it freezes apps: Messenger and WhatsApp so far. I'm on a Droid Maxx, and I have the English, Italian, and French Keyboard installed.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The freezing is happening on my phone as well. I have a Galaxy S5 and it happens constantly. I am going to uninstall it.

• KristianKristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine is freezing too. If this is not sorted within at least a week I want a full refund as I have premium edition that I paid for too. I love SwiftKey and hope this does not happen. I know it is SwiftKey cause it has happened on two of my HTC one and my nexus too

• MolitaMolita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the paid version and I am having the same problems. My keyboard freezes in the middle of writing a text message and it takes a long time to unfreeze. I love SwiftKey but I am going to uninstall it if the problem does not get fixed.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have the premium version, and at times mid-message the keyboard freezes. Sure wish support could find a way to fix this

My recently has been freezing up on me too and I have the paid version. Had this app for awhile and loved it till recently. I'm gonna have to uninstall it if it doesn't get fixed soon.

Hi,
        last two updates of swiftkey on my Samsung galaxy S5 have caused the keyboard to slow down then totally freeze when using an messenger app called "Line Text". It has only been a recent problem. Swiftkey has been such a reliable keyboard, I would really like this problem fixed with a matter of urgency, if I take to long to reply to someone they think I am ignoring them as the app shows I have read their text, but I am locked out of replying

cheers

• BaCkFoRwArDBaCkFoRwArD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is still present in the newest build 5.0.2.4, it's happens quite often sometimes, and when happened you can only reboot.

• 凯伦(skingg)凯伦(skingg) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Swift keyboard has been freezing up alot lately ever since the last update. Kindly look into it. Running a stock Samsung Galaxy S3 International.

• RaquelRaquel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, mine is freezing too lately. It does the same thing as what the person has said up top, but also where I'll be typing and it freezes, or when I switch to symbols and letters. Please fix this, thanks!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base