What is your SwiftKey bug?

Keyboard Freezes While Up

Example: I'm writing a text to a friend and all is well, but then I send it and try to back out of the app. The keyboard never closes (i.e. goes back down, off the screen, etc.) and I'm unable to type on it or get it to do anything. Since it takes up 50%+ of my phone's screen I can't go into any settings to force close it and I have to reboot EVERY TIME. This doesn't happen on any other keyboard, and it didn't happen before Flow. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I even reinstalled my ROM and it didn't help.

129 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Louis-Blaise Dumais-LevesqueLouis-Blaise Dumais-Levesque shared a merged idea: Keyboard freezes  ·   · 
    completed  ·  RyanAdminRyan (Community Manager, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Hello all -

We released a new version of SwiftKey today bringing it to version: 4.4.2.254.

This should fix the issue where SwiftKey freezes up.

If this issue continues to happen, please repost this bug with your details.

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        last two updates of swiftkey on my Samsung galaxy S5 have caused the keyboard to slow down then totally freeze when using an messenger app called "Line Text". It has only been a recent problem. Swiftkey has been such a reliable keyboard, I would really like this problem fixed with a matter of urgency, if I take to long to reply to someone they think I am ignoring them as the app shows I have read their text, but I am locked out of replying

cheers

• BaCkFoRwArDBaCkFoRwArD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is still present in the newest build 5.0.2.4, it's happens quite often sometimes, and when happened you can only reboot.

• 凯伦(skingg)凯伦(skingg) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Swift keyboard has been freezing up alot lately ever since the last update. Kindly look into it. Running a stock Samsung Galaxy S3 International.

• RaquelRaquel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, mine is freezing too lately. It does the same thing as what the person has said up top, but also where I'll be typing and it freezes, or when I switch to symbols and letters. Please fix this, thanks!

• angela domaingueangela domaingue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Galaxy s2. The keyboard freezes and it is very slow also. Ive tried cleanmaster, but it's not helping. I also keep getting messages that my phone is slow.

...and why do I have to use a cloud now to improve SwiftKey?

Well, good bye SwiftKey. You killed a good app. That's very sad.

Great. I reinstalled the app and had to pay again.

Best thing:
        It still lags. So I paid the price twice for a non working app. Great.

Same problem here:
        Can't use any messenger. After every sentence I send the keyboard freezes and I can't type anything anymore.

Switched temporarily to Swype - at first - that I can work with my mobile. The keyboard also doesn't vanish when leaving the freezed app.

I was very happy with SwiftKey - but now it's useless for me.

• Jonathan DeitchJonathan Deitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New version is useless, sorry.

Freezes, occupies half the screen, exactly like is described here.

CM11 / Android 4.4.2

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

• LolaLola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I updated my app and it still freezes up every time I use it. I want to throw my phone out the window whenever I need to send a text. I never had problems before, then one day it started freezing up and has never let up. I hate this!!!

• Annie GirardAnnie Girard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It happens to me all the time since the latest version and I never activated Flow. The keyboard will also lag, meaning sometimes nothing appears for more than 10 seconds when I type. It will freeze the screen up to the point that I have to pull out the battery to restart the phone.
        I have had this app for more than 4 years. I never, ever had nearly so much trouble with new versions or updates as with this one.
        Although a swiping gesture never worked to hide the keyboard, hitting the Back key used to work all the time.

• genegene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also experiencing this freezing problem with SwiftFlow in my Galaxy S2 running official (non-rooted) Jelly Bean 4.1.2. It happens in all apps and I have to reboot by removing the battery. I note all the other reports but I cannot see a reply from the developer. Have also tried emailing the developer but no answer to date.

• Murat ULUBAYMurat ULUBAY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with Swiftkey. I initially thought that it was about the Androdi OS, tried with several roms, including the official rom, but still the same, 5 reboots a day sometimes.

• JRJR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having the exact same problem with my LG Optimus V. It was why I had to delete the flow beta app initially. I was hoping the problems would be fixed in the current version and there's definitely a little fewer instances where it happens, but it's altogether unusable.

The problem: Swiftkey Flow lags like hell on this phone. It causes all my apps to hang and luckily, if I wait about a minute, the keyboard finally disappears. However, in the meantime, it causes all apps to become unresponsive while the keyboard consumes half the screen.

I understand that the software architecture is different for Flow versus Swype, but Swype works perfectly speedily with this phone. I hope you will do your best to address this problem because I love Swiftkey and I was so excited to use Flow.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto (on an Optimus V running 2.3.7 CyanogenMod). Had to disable Flow in Settings to make the issue go away. Swype works just fine on this phone, so why can't Flow feature?

• EthanEthan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem with my Optimus T (same hardware as the Optimus V). Admittedly, the hardware is just barely powerful enough to run the keyboard, but everything else about it works fine (albeit slowly). Android version is 2.2 Froyo btw. It can happen in any app, especially if I have the keyboard open for a while, and when it does I have to find some way to force close it. I HATE the default keyboard, but I'm debating whether SwiftKey is worth this hassle. It has been happening since Flow, btw.

• Francisco MoranFrancisco Moran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same thing happening to me but only if I leave the keyboard up and then lock my phone. As mentioned before the only solution is to restart the phone.

• dobisandobisan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same problem to me. I'm on a ZTE Blade gen2 with froyo (2.2). Swiftkey version is 4.0.1.128. The keyboard stick up random times when I write text and finish. No response to nothing. Not the back, home or long pressed menu key. The phone not freezes just the keyboard.

• JRJR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The keyboard on my phone freezes after sending text from 5-20 sec every time. Please let me know if there will not be a fix so I can just purchase a new app. Thx!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base