What is your SwiftKey bug?

Unmounting ext SD or enabling USB mass storage breaks SwiftKey until reboot, going into language settings with non-ready SD crashes system

When I try to mount my phone storage via USB mass storage (internal SD and external SD), I get a continuous stream of "Unfortunately, com.touchtype.swiftkey has stopped. [REPORT] [OK]" dialogs.

Nothing I do will get those dialogs to stop, I cannot re-enable SwiftKey under settings, remounting the SD(s) will not help, and only a device reboot will stop the errors.

Same thing happens if I go to Storage in settings and unmount my external SD card (which does *not* contain any SwiftKey-related files) so that I can remove it from its socket and use it to copy files or whatnot.

Going into Language & Input after a reboot to re-enable SwiftKey (as it will be disabled after having failed previously) will hang, then crash the system if the system's SD card checking hasn't finished yet.

Please, fix this! One thing is a bug that makes a product FC now and then, but one that crashes your system and forces you to reboot after having mounted your device via USB?

Seriously, if you can't fix this, at *least* give us the option to not put those silly files on any kind of SD. I have plenty of space on my internal /data storage, why not just put it there?

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanielDaniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    catherine gammiecatherine gammie shared a merged idea: Language pack problems after Mounting device  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

We just recently released SwiftKey 4.2 which includes fixes regarding mounting the device to a computer.

In the event that you continue to have this bug or something similar, please create a new post with details on our public forum at support.swiftkey.net.

Thanks very much.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the Huawei Y300, Android 4.1.1 EmotionUI 1.0 with swiftkey 4.3.0.186.
        Unfortunately when connecting the device to a computer swiftkey looses its standardkeyboard setting (same as on reboot).
        I would appreciate information regarding the first issue (since I read, that the reboot issue can only be solved with newer Android versions)

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started to get this error on my HTC Evo 4G smartphone today (3/15/13). Any clue as to what it is? I have an SD card in my phone.

John

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, since installing SwiftKey on this new device, I can no longer access the internal SD via USB mass storage. Please just give us the option to not have SwiftKey files on any SD.

Feedback and Knowledge Base