Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Will MillerWill Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    etcheetche shared a merged idea: Chrome Beta: Jumpy cursor  ·   · 

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karl Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If by "completed" you mean you have fixed this, you are sorely mistaken. Look what happens when I try to write "So damned annoying, can't even use Chrome to post bug report. Please sort this out!" .... I get "st this lieut! ttreoepo. Please sortaeput buhvoog, even use chrimeycanamned annoiny" ... which is evidently NOT fixed.

• Jack BeeganJack Beegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, consistently jumps to between 1st and 2nd character in browser text boxes. Often causes me to have to type each letter and ensure the cursor is back at the end of the line before pressing next button.

• Brian CoxBrian Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If ever I begin to edit in the middle of a message I am typing within text in the Chrome browser, after one key pressed, the cursor jumps between character 1 and character 2 in the field. Eclipse 1.5 Rom on Droid RAZR.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've started to get this problem after updating to the latest version of SwiftKey on my Galaxy S3. Never happened before, been using SK for 6 months.

• Joshua TaillonJoshua Taillon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm that this happens using the latest (stable) version of Swiftkey (just updated to the version that includes Flow).

I am using the latest version of (stable) Chrome on a Sprint LG Optimus G running 4.0.4.

If you go to type in an address into the address bar, the keyboard will complete whatever autofill option comes up, and then continue typing after the first letter. For example, when trying to go to mint.com on my browser, I will end up typing 'mint.comint.com' if I do not stop. This behavior seems to stop if you go back and correct it once, and does not always happen.

I have also noticed (this morning) that this bug is still an issue when typing into password fields. My password begins with 2 numbers, then a capital letter, and then a series of lowercase letters, ending with 2 more numbers.

If I type the numbers by long-pressing the letter keys, there is no problem; I can enter my password perfectly fine.
        I can reproduce the problem by following these steps:
        Type the numbers by tapping '123' and then the two numbers, then 'abc', then shift + the first letter, then the first lowercase letter. The cursor will then jump to the position after the second number, and will continue to do so after every letter that is entered. It will only resolve itself for the numbers at the end of the password. This behavior does not happen in a regular field (such as email).

Hope this helps getting the problem finally resolved.

• Joshua TaillonJoshua Taillon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the latest versions of Chrome and SwiftKey flow and this issue still occurs for me. It happens in both the address bar and in text fields within chrome. Anything I can do to help?

Yep. Also, in facebook, the predictive Text is pulling up whole sentences, just sentences ive typed in facebook. Started yesterday, but, it just started bouncing the cursor around yesterday. Also forgot to say after correcting a word, i try to put cursor back at the end of the sentence it bounces back immediately AND after typing a couple letters... Its happening right now in this post. Using Chrome. Samsung gs3. Android 4.04, and ur version of 3.0.4. Started yesterday.

This is happening to me on CM9 on my Touchpad in Chrome Beta using 3.0.4.343 SwiftKey Tablet.

• Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@etche:

Ms. Reynolds was referring to the 'Known issues" listed at the bottom of the Description in the Google Play store. Not to worry. We'll get things resolved for you as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience on the matter.

• sumitvsumitv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes even I have faced this issue... keyboard goes real crazy if I select the options from the list... and moreover even cannot delete the words with backspace... I am using the galaxy s2

• CharlesCharles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup same problem. Usually it's when I press space bar and it just randomly jots down jibberish and goes crazy.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base