What is your SwiftKey bug?

Auto correction makes long chain of words in *CHROME*

I use chrome on Cyanogenmod on Samsung Galaxy. If Google is open in browser and i Typ search words then I get extrem long chain of word salad if I try to delete the mistake the word get longer and longer.
If tried to search: Logitech Bluetooth
Then the mistake of auto correct began.

272 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SwenSwen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Damien HoptonDamien Hopton shared a merged idea: Delete keeps adding text not removing it  ·   · 
    BradleyBradley shared a merged idea: Chrome bug. repeat characters  ·   · 
    Michael MasinMichael Masin shared a merged idea: GIbberish on Nexus 7 (4.1.1)  ·   · 
    Nick V. Nick V. shared a merged idea: duplicating words in Chrome  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

We have greatly improved SwiftKey’s functionality in Chrome in version 3.0.1. If you continue to have issues in Chrome, please create a new thread so that we’re aware of the situation. Thanks very much.

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they just fixed this in the last release

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happening on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
        SO DAMN ANNOYING! I was so confused if it was my tablet or Chrome itself! How can they not fix this? It's goddamn impossible to type anything!

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is same problem as the auto correct causing long strings of random text in chrome bug. Loads of bugs with this software on nexus 7, no testing done?

• Mar JonesMar Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there no fix for this? I turned off 'Search and URL Suggestions' in Chrome but it's still 'brokebrobrokebrobroke'. I -HATE- that stock keyboard (did you SEE where they put the backspace key!?!? WTeverlovinF. D:) please don't make me use it. As it stands right now tho, Swiftkey Tablet is unusable. :'(

• Social Dave Social Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major problem when using Facebook in Chrome on the Nexus 7. Also I cannot cut and paste urls in this same environment.

This issue happens with my Galaxy Nexus 4.1.1, my nexus 7 4.1.1 and my wife's Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4. This only happens with the chrome browser. An auto search issue maybe

Does it on Asus Transformer Pad TF300t in Dolphin HD and Chrome. I have the trial and will not purchase until this is fixed.

• spanoutspanout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me too. It is making the keyboard unusable. Also, if i choose a suggestion after typing the first few letters then it repeats the first letter. I love the keyboard simplicity and size over the Saaamsung default, but these issues are causing loads of mistakes and i might have to uninstall it. Tablet is a samsung tab2

• LarsLars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the list of those suffering from this bug I am using Samsung tab 2 10.1

• R&NMR&NM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I have been having the same problem with chrome on the nexus 7. It really needs to be fixed. I can't even use chrome without getting a string of gibberish that won't delete and repeats every time I use it.

Same here seems like it will do it just about any where i type and then use backspace. (nexus 7)

Same here seems like it will do it just about any where i type and then use backspace. (nexus 7)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base