What is your SwiftKey bug?

Predictions disappear after device goes to sleep and wakes

The predictions disappear when turning screen off while keyboard is opened, and then resume

410 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Afik barAfik bar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    philg88philg88 shared a merged idea: SwiftKey doesn't function after sleep & wake  ·   · 
    AlexanderAlexander shared a merged idea: no predictions after sleep  ·   · 
    Jason DhattJason Dhatt shared a merged idea: Prediction disappears when keyboard left on and phone screen sleeps  ·   · 
    ZiffRedZiffRed shared a merged idea: Predictions disappear after sleep  ·   · 
    GarGar shared a merged idea: Prediction Bar Disappears After Device Sleep  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Predictions disappear after sleep  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

We believe this issue to be resolved in the update of version 4.01 that we just released today. Please update to the latest version available to you when you have the opportunity. You can also see what version you are running within SwiftKey’s “About” submenu within Settings.

If you happen to still experience the same issue after updating, please create a new post in our public forum and provide whatever details you may find relevant.

Thank you very much.

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bee AdelieBee Adelie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been solved for me since the last update.
        But now the predictions don't include any punctuation marks.

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case there is no apparent event that makes the predictions disappear, but when they do there is no way to make them come back but to wipe all the application data and re-run the configuration. Very annoying

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is really a pain in the ass. It didn't do this before, but has recently become a problem. Please fix this, it's annoying to close and open the keyboard all the time.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate this bug. I was hopeful to see that there has been an update since i purchased this app. but this wasn't in the change log.

So bad.

• AlbertAlbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't understand how this problem has been around as long as it has, and STILL hasn't been resolved. Can we at least get an update SwiftKey?

• Jesse Gehman Jesse Gehman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also having this issue on my S3. It's very frustrating! I noticed it a while ago and thought maybe they would update and fix it but it still hasn't been resolved.

• Dylan KuehlDylan Kuehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue with my S3 running 4.1.1 (JB). I tend to just hit the option button and back out of it, or close the keyboard and re-open it. It hurts to have to do that every time, and no post from Swiftkey here and almost 400 votes?

• Bryan BlockBryan Block commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major bug, Swiftkey!! Why no response? You just got a one-star review until this is fixed, since this keyboard now causes me more frustration than it's worth. Was a five-star before this.

• Dwayne Dwayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this same issue it is a major pain in the butt when texting. If the keyboard is showing on the screen then the suggestions won't show up on wake up.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this issue it was reported ages ago and you are doing nothing to fix it, very annoying. If it is not fixed soon I will request a refund!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue for me, I love this keyboard but with out a consistent prediction bar I am thinking that I may need another keyboard until this gets fixed. Greg is correct, the "quickest" fix to to pull down the notification bar. Still super annoying for my Galaxy s3 with Jelly Bean.

• Helder MartinsHelder Martins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered, that when I'm in my house (using my own WIFI) predictions are there, after I get out (regular 3G) predictions dissapear unless I download dictionary and if I connect to any outside WIFI predictions are not there.

I'm not sure if it makes sense, but could it be related to a network permission or something? I know it's not IP as my house's network IP changes every single hour.

I hope this can be fixed, if not I really would like my money back, is really ridiculous that we don't get any support at all!

• Helder MartinsHelder Martins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered, that when I'm in my house (using my own WIFI) predictions are there, after I get out (regular 3G) predictions dissapear unless I download dictionary and if I connect to any outside WIFI predictions are not there.

I'm not sure if it makes sense, but could it be related to a network permission or something? I know it's not IP as my house's network IP changes every single hour.

I hope this can be fixed, if not I really would like my money back, is really ridiculous that we don't get any support at all!

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. However I just realized today when you turn your screen back on you can quickly pull down the notification bar on top of the phone and back up and the keyboard will predict again.

Not a good solution but the quickest and least painful way to deal with it

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only problem with the best mobile keyboard out there. I switched from iOS to Nexus 4 about 2 months ago and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my full version of Swiftkey 3 (I'm a poor PhD student but I love buying apps that deserve it - yours is one of them). Please fix this issue - screen off, suggestions off.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base