What is your SwiftKey bug?

Scrabble

Android Scrabble app, Dictionary feature. Try to type CAT, for example. _CAT appears. (The _ is always auto inserted before the intended text.) App recognizes the text as _CAT. Try to remove the _, and the entry becomes CACAT, and that's how the app recognizes it. This fault does not happen with other keyboards, so it is a Swiftkey problem. Same problem with Swiftkey X and Swiftkey X Tablet. Relatively new bug, perhaps since around first of March 2012.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan BeauvaisDan Beauvais shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KrIsKrIs shared a merged idea: Scrabble: inserts (_) before any word when you use the dictionary.  ·   · 
    Ryan Heaton Ryan Heaton shared a merged idea: Scrabble - no predictions  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Scrabble - Swiftkey adds a _ character before the first word typed  ·   · 
    Dan BeauvaisDan Beauvais shared a merged idea: Scrabble  ·   · 

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gene Gene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the latest update fixed the problem of underscore being added to the start of words. However, the problem still exists that if I enter CAT in the dictionary and then try to change it to CHAT by inserting an "H", swiftkey inserts "CATH" into the word resulting in "CCATHAT". I've discovered that insertions do work if you first repeatedly tap the backspace key to get rid of the previous entry. So, in my opinion, Swiftkey marginally works for Scrabble now - at least I don't have to keep switching keyboards to use the app. Hopefully this last bug will get fixed soon.

• Dan BeauvaisDan Beauvais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody from Swiftkey has commented. I wonder if anybody from the company reads these things, or is it just a bit bicket?

• Gene Gene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Samsung galaxy S3 with Android 4.04 and SwiftKey 3.1.0.377

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an evo 4G lte and have same exact problem. It's impossible to use scrabble dictionary because of it. Sucks.

• James SnietkaJames Snietka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Swiftkey on 3 different devices, 2 tablets and 1 phone and the problem is the same on all 3.

• Brian RoepkeBrian Roepke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great description - I'm seeing the same thing. There is odd subsequent word behavior after that "CACAT" sequence mentioned above as well. It starts to add random words from the dictionary and in a few cases it's as if the delete key was adding totally new word. Hard to describe, just worth looking into.

Feedback and Knowledge Base