Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Kraft David Kraft shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) responded  · 

Please try deleting the languagePacks.json file in /sdcard/Android/data/com.touchtype.swiftkey/files/ and then reboot your phone. SwiftKey will generate a new file with the correct metadata for all models (you should be connected to the internet). If you then try downloading the language pack again, hopefully the issue will be resolved.

We also recommend downloading language packs over a strong wifi connection whenever possible.

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • endaugustendaugust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this issue after updating to Kitkat, where it somehow restricts writing on certain folders of the SDcard (unmounted). There's an app called Mount Folder that would fix this. You have to be rooted however to use it.

• John StoneJohn Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After upgrading my SPH-L710 from 4.3 to 4.4.2, I'm getting failed to load language packs. Menu -> Update Languages = "Update failed. Please check you have a network connection and try again." Downloading language pack reports failure to download. I've tried everything listed below including purging all data, installing the trial version, etc. I don't have a com.touchtype.swiftkey.* folder anywhere on my system. And now, after uninstalling it completely, it's asking me to pay for it again.

• enzotheresaenzotheresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if it will help you or not, but it helps me. all you need to do is, when you in the language list, press the menu button, and select update languages. after that, you can download your own desired languages. thanks.

• Olivier RafalOlivier Rafal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried the admin's "solution", but it did not work. And Swiftkey is draining my battery, trying to download language packs again and again : I discovered this because Android notified me that Swiftkey had consumed 600MB in a week!

• Stephen Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have done this SEVERAL times and it has not worked. Your support is terrible and I am very close to demanding a refund on this scam of an app.

• Niek KestelooNiek Kesteloo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great solution, but there's only one downside for me... I can't freakin' find the com.touchtype.swiftkey folder anywhere... I tried reinstalling it multiple times, but no succes... The clear data also didn't help, unfortunately... Is there perhaps an other solution?

• Michael KohoutMichael Kohout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Nexus 4 - what worked for me was to disable the downloaded language packs, then use 'Delete lange' for the language packs, then use 'Update languages' to get the deleted languages back.

Selected them again and problem was solved.

• simon_bovinsimon_bovin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It suddenly stopped working for me as well. Tried all answers below, nothing works ): plz help!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the admin's method worked for me. just make sure you force stop the app before you start.

• Dave GallopDave Gallop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this eventually worked for me after I 'forced' SwiftKey to stop so I could delete the file. which, by the way is on the internal sd on my Motorola Droid not the sd card ext which is a little misleading in some of the comments.

• John KenneyJohn Kenney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worked for me exactly as described on Nexus 10 tablet. Deleted the file, rebooted, and shazaam, by the time I got to the 'Language' section, the English pack had already downloaded and installed itself correctly. Thanks very much.

• SapiemSapiem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have internet access. How can I use the once time downloaded languages packages offline after reflash the ROM...?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

delete some files on your sd, and try, with each deleted file you can see the download percentage go higher, I had to make around 200(maybe less) mb of free space fr it to install.

• LiamLiam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's happening with me right now, for the 5th time. and it's my third phone to have this issue i thought it'd be resolved by now D:

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base