What is your SwiftKey bug?

Keys covered by onscreen buttons on Archos tablets

Because the Archos tablet use on screen buttons for navigation the letter p, enter and other keys to the right hand side are over lapped and cannot be seen, this has been an ongoing bug for the last few betas (but not an issue with the market release of the none tablet version last time i had it installed). This most recent release makes the issue worse due to the changed layout and key size. The key P is almost entirely invisible.

102 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben CordyBen Cordy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Luke RidgeLuke Ridge shared a merged idea: buttons hidden- Archos  ·   · 
    Mauricio MendesMauricio Mendes shared a merged idea: Hidden keys under soft menu on Achos 70IT  ·   · 

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MariaMaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't see bottom row /space bar row of keypad on Kindle Fire HD.... Please fix!

• Rob AlfieriRob Alfieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem on my Droid Maxx, but only on certain applications. Specifically, I see it in IBM Notes e-mail composing. The workaround is to shift my phone to landscape view. The menu "bar" then moves to the right side of the screen.

BTW, this problem DOES NOT occur with Google Keyboard or Swype.

• Oooh Oooh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still an issue with the kindle. Please let us resize the keyboard!

• BlissetBlisset commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in my archos 101 g9 keys are enormous and cover half of screen even in small layout. Please fix this

• T. FranciscoT. Francisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey was usable on my Archos 101 until the last update. But because of Archos's poor choice to not allow the user to turn off or move the placement of the soft keys, we now have this issue. Perhaps SwiftKey can allow the user to re-size the keyboard to fit the users needs.

• GarethGareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey Tablet X AND SwiftKey X on an Archos 70 Internet Tablet.
        The rightmost column of keys are being obscured by the soft buttons.
        Currently having to use the stock android keyboard.

• Ben CordyBen Cordy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet again the most recent beta fails to address this issue. Please can ou advise of when we will see a fix?

• Andre MudAndre Mud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the UrukDroid install. With this I can move the side bar to the top. then the screen buttons don't overlap.

Just bought and installed the finished market version in the hope it had been fixed but sadly not please swiftkey get it sorted!

• Jason McBrayerJason McBrayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm this: SwiftKey Tablet X on Archos 70. The rightmost row of keys are obscured by the soft buttons. This is a very common bug in keyboards, but it is solveable: the author of Hacker's Keyboard fixed it in his keyboard only a day after it was reported.

Please can you fix this issue it is still present in the most recent release, id be more than happy to test anything that needs testing but quite simply if i'd bought this on the market and had this issue id have refunded it. Please note I am a fan of SwiftKey and do use it on all my devices but this issue is make or break for me in terms of my use of the tablet edition.

Feedback and Knowledge Base