How can we improve SwiftKey?

Manually edit dictionary - add or remove words

Editing the dictionary.. For example deleting passwords added to the dictionary by mistake.

4,299 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ali XHaxAli XHax shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    StuStu shared a merged idea: Can you put in a user dictionary  ·   · 
    Bo BarryBo Barry shared a merged idea: Edit dictionary  ·   · 
    Bill Jones Bill Jones shared a merged idea: For Christ's sake, make the bloody personal db/dictionary of predictive/suggestive words fully editable! I want to re-add words I deleted.  ·   · 
    Scott Scott shared a merged idea: See personal dictionary  ·   · 
    Yohann FlavierYohann Flavier shared a merged idea: Possibility to edit and manage cloud dictionnary  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Fully editable dictionary  ·   · 
    Ron Kolman Ron Kolman shared a merged idea: Please add a person word list so shit or damn needn't be pluncked out key- by-pass?  ·   · 
    SasaSasa shared a merged idea: Edit the dictionary  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Edit dictionary  ·   · 
    Amaree matthewsAmaree matthews shared a merged idea: Manually edit dictionary  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Manually edit dictionary  ·   · 
    jamesjames shared a merged idea: Add the ability to edit the dictionary  ·   · 
    jasonjason shared a merged idea: have a personalized dictionary so I can input my own words for it to predict.  ·   · 
    JimmyJimmy shared a merged idea: user accessible dictionary  ·   · 
    Avi LeitnerAvi Leitner shared a merged idea: Full Access to user dictionary  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: editable dictionary  ·   · 
    Anthon GillespieAnthon Gillespie shared a merged idea: Custom dictionary  ·   · 
    ChrisChris shared a merged idea: See and edit 'personalized' dictionary that SwiftKey uses?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: user accessible list of Learned Words / dictionary  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Manually edit dictionary  ·   · 
    BryanBryan shared a merged idea: Option to force new words to be saved in dictionary after typing it once.  ·   · 
    Imad MWKImad MWK shared a merged idea: More user friendly dictionary  ·   · 
    ZUUL42ZUUL42 shared a merged idea: I would like to be able to view and edit the user dictionary much like I can with the default keyboard. The optimum solution would be to us  ·   · 
    DemonwithinDemonwithin shared a merged idea: Ability to view, add, and remove all custom words in dictionary  ·   · 
    Kirk KucheraKirk Kuchera shared a merged idea: User Dictionary  ·   · 
    Sarah ReynoldsAdminSarah Reynolds (Support Representative, SwiftKey) responded  · 

You can remove accidentally-saved passwords (or any other word that you don’t want in your model) by longpressing on the prediction and choosing “Remove”.

Because SwiftKey takes into account the context in which you use a word, the best way to add words is to do so at the time when you want to type them.

If your spacebar is set to “complete current word” or “insert a prediction” then the left-hand prediction will show the exact lettters that you have typed. Tap it to insert the word.

If your spacebar is set to “always insert a space” then just tap the space and the word you typed is inserted.

SwiftKey will learn every word that you type, but if your word is competing with another popular word (similar tap pattern, similar flow pattern or similar context) then it may take a few goes before your word is predicted.

162 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SHSH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too echo the sentiments of everyone else on this topic. SwiftKey needs to provide an option for the user to see what new words have been saved, to delete the ones in error, and to add new ones without having to type it in a sentence for 3-4 times. If the stock Samsung keyboard has this function and has had this function for ages, an app that's suppose to serve as an improvement to the stock option should be able to match the minimum requirements.

• JDJD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to add personal words to swift key?
        How to add special words to swiftkey personal dictionary?
        YOU CAN'T!

This is UNBELIEVABLE in this day and age.

I guess another company must have the patient for this option
        because a 10-year old could code this into the software.

Time to switch to another keyboard app till Swiftkey is fixed.
        Sept. 4, 2014.

• Jackrit TangsangawongJackrit Tangsangawong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your suggestion can teach Swiftkey to learned prediction words, but not for a flow words.
        When those two words using the same swipe pattern, Swiftkey will never learn to prioritize them.

Please add a user custom dictionary, I beg you.

• SpikeSpike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wait, we can't edit the dictionary? Your kidding? Because I'm sick and tired of Swiftkey changing "You" into "toy". I've never used that word for anything....ever. Also, it suggests words that you have to even question if they are real words. Maybe I should go back to Swype... unfortunately at the time they were worse.

• A Scott A Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every single day for months I have said my son's name, Kellen, and every time SwiftKey thinks I'm saying calendar or kill him.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great if a swiftkey admin (Maybe Sarah :) could explain why you chose not to implement this option.
        tnx!

• Gail Heylmun Gail Heylmun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's yet another vote for letting users edit their custom dictionaries. I'm sure you're bright enough to figure out how to do this, so PLEASE just so it and make thousands of users happy.

• Kemal SunaiKemal Sunai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you absolutely must make this option. I'm paying customer and have been using it with pleasure with exception of seeing a very common mistakes in serbian language. the most annoying common mistakes like when people don't make a difference between 'its' and "it's". I've removed too many of those for now... but this is used in future tense with verbs and some idiot used the mistake with ALL the verbs :-)
        it's f*king ridiculous. please add this option ASAP

• Sam iamSam iam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ridiculous that I can't edit the dictionary. After reading these posts and realizing it's not gonna happen, I'm gonna find another app. PITA to learn a whole new program but not more than the PITA it is having to select my name from the list of options because it won't ever learn the Steohen is not my - nor anyone's - name, just a word I accidentally entered once.

• ChuckChuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

COULD be a great keyboard app, but absolutely NEEDS to provide the user with the option to edit the dictionary and prioritize similar choices! Make it happen! With all you've managed to do in creating this app, ***** the wider assortment of themes, we need it to be more functional and user friendly! My old HTC keyboard, had the ability to train it so IT would learn where I press each letter, NOT ***-backward like SwiftKey, telling me where I have previously hit for each letter. It's NOT rocket science!

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a custom dictionary setting! and South African English please...Also if your algorithm worked properly it would prioritise words I use instead of words that I dont know anyone uses/not relevant..eg I wanted to write the word 'wallet' to someone just now and it kept on prioritising the word 'Radlett' ...twice before I manualy chose the secondary option Wallet...Ugggh

• НиколайНиколай commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ребят надо добавить возможность редакции своих слов в словаре!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to add my own short cuts for custom emoji like the table flip I used to love SwiftKey but this update just aggravated me I'm going back to stalk untill you make it so we can edit our own personal dictionary

• Amy TillerAmy Tiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are words that SwiftKey just never learns. It doesn't matter how many times I try to have it learn the word "sexism" it always wants to write the word "schism". And when I write the word letter by letter "sexism" isn't even an option. It suggests "seismic". Really? A manual user dictionary would override this issue and make for a much better user friendly experience. I don't think I've ever had an IME that DIDN'T offer this.

• MoarSpamzMoarSpamz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another vote for editing the dang dictionary! I have too much junk in there, but I also have a ton of "custom" words so blowing the whole thing away is not an option that I want to consider. Editing one item at a time is awful, tedious and an absurd request of the user in my view...

• HeadHead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like everyone says.. Would be great to manage the dictionary. Not just "press long to add" that doesn't work. It always forgets the words and some others can't be removed. I'm using spanish dictionary and it's awfull cuz there are some new words and some useless words and I cant delete them. At this point i'm searching for a hack or something to edit the app..

• Philip KahnPhilip Kahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes. SwiftKey had learned some programming "words", and keeps trying to autocorrect to them...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base