Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DennisDennis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sunil SoniSunil Soni shared a merged idea: Learn from Contacts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Learn from Contacts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Learn from contacts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Learn from Contacts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    Jürgen PettrakJürgen Pettrak shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    Pratik Katkamwar Pratik Katkamwar shared a merged idea: Learn from Contacts  ·   · 
    Max VierlböckMax Vierlböck shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    Riccardo VolpatoRiccardo Volpato shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    DomenicoDomenico shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    Kevin HeathKevin Heath shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    Adil MahboobAdil Mahboob shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    pascalpascal shared a merged idea: Learn From Contacts  ·   · 
    JayJay shared a merged idea: Learn from Contacts  ·   · 
    Sahil Sahil shared a merged idea: learn from Contacts  ·   · 
    Hanspeter StollHanspeter Stoll shared a merged idea: Learn from contacts  ·   · 
    mbobrovsmbobrovs shared a merged idea: personalize via contacts  ·   · 
    PanPan shared a merged idea: Sync Contact name..  ·   · 
    Megan Megan shared a merged idea: personalize from contact list  ·   · 
    Janne KiviluotoJanne Kiviluoto shared a merged idea: How about contacts?  ·   · 
    Martin PausarMartin Pausar shared a merged idea: What about contact names loading to dictionary for prediction? I would appreciate it very much.  ·   · 
    TalTal shared a merged idea: Contact name prediction using the phonebook, Facebook and Gmail  ·   · 

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phil Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why SwiftKey has not addressed this issue. This is very basic. I would like to see this basic feature in a future update.

• MyrtleMyrtle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My name is Myrtle. SwiftKey can't remember it so I have to type it every time I send a message. It would be wonderful if you can show me how to teach SwiftKey to remember it?

• ARBORARBOR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievably frustrating to not have Contacts' names as part of the Dictionary. Worse, names typed in are autocorrect to other words. Only reason I don't use SwiftKey is because of the lack of Contacts integration. Keep coming get back to try it every few months, but this remains unchanged. :(

• Arthur BárbaroArthur Bárbaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there's a problem with accessing the Gmail contacts, I'd sure like to at least have the option to manually add some emails to a list.
        (Holding the @ sign at the "numeric keyboard" bringing email options would sure be nice, too. But that's a different suggestion...)

• LuisLuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey isn't adding the contact names to the dictionary, I'm pretty sure it did it before on early versions and they remove this option on version 4.

• IsiahIsiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This boils down to the fact it doesn't learn from the contacts. This really feels almost trivial to do, though, given that the framework is already in place to do that (and it would actually be simpler...as simple as adding them all to the dictionary programmatically). Me, with my very minimal Java experience, could potentially implement this myself if it weren't for the lack of source code access/knowledge.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I paid for this and then realised such a basic function was missing. Switched to Google Keyboard

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why SwiftKey doesn't access my contacts for prediction. You access everything else for personal information. This should be basic.

• John Connor John Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have. I hate switching between this KB and the stock KB, but having auto fill of common names,from email is too important.

• AmrborAmrbor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this option alone forces me to use the default Google keyboard vs SwiftKey. A very surprising ommission of a basic feature from most other keyboards.

Please develop and add contacts based autocorrect

• AmrborAmrbor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto complete from names and details in contacts, whether on phone or Google Contacts

• Mehmet Mehmet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that's a must for every keyboard. I'm really tired of typing my email every time from scratch. other keyboards have it ready slide it or stock keyboard.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's actually ridiculous that an app as advanced as Swiftkey lacks this basic basic feature. Disappointing

• Rajesh Rajesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this basic feature is missing! Please bring this immediately.

• Jaimon Jose Jaimon Jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that SwiftKey doesn't index common data in the phone such as contacts. Searching the contacts is very difficult due to this.

• Brandon HorwathBrandon Horwath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Learn the most common terms and phrases with specific contacts. For example, writing my initials free form on the keypad would sign, "We appreciate your business! - My Name" to a client. And the same keystroke would sign something else to my folks, like "I send my love to you both - Your Son" And exclude auto-complete words that have never been used with certain contacts. Especially if SMS database is based on dozens of texts with a contact that follow the same format.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base