How can we improve SwiftKey?

Customizable gestures/swipe.slide

Need to have basic gestures and the ability to customize for our own needs.

670 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael L Michael L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Flemming BJ Flemming BJ shared a merged idea: customizable gestures  ·   · 
    Samuel Samuel shared a merged idea: customizable gestures  ·   · 
    DomDom shared a merged idea: customizable gestures  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: What if you could swipe across the predictions to view more predictions?  ·   · 
    Paul HudsonPaul Hudson shared a merged idea: Customise gestures (swipe/slide up/down/left/right)  ·   · 
    Tomer gTomer g shared a merged idea: Add swiping customizations  ·   · 
    Mauricio HabertMauricio Habert shared a merged idea: Cursor movement sweep  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: More gestures  ·   · 
    Fabione72Fabione72 shared a merged idea: Customizable gestures.  ·   · 
    kidzkidz shared a merged idea: customizable gestures  ·   · 
    GaltGalt shared a merged idea: Enable swipe right to trigger voice input  ·   · 
    Cole BarkerCole Barker shared a merged idea: More control/customization of gestures  ·   · 
    gj13gj13 shared a merged idea: Customizeable swipe right actions  ·   · 
    acepelonacepelon shared a merged idea: Swype additional screen  ·   · 

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Miss the old feature which would allow me to swipe left to delete a word. I upgraded phones and it no longer works. Please bring it back!

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought Swiftkey Pro, but recently quit using it - because I prefer gestures to move the cursor like the arrow keys do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I come from Swype to test SwiftKey, and I really miss Swype's gestures whih start on the Swype "S" symbol: swype to 'a' for "select all", to 'c' for copy, to 'v' for paste', to backspace for deleting a character (or suppressing the automatic space inserted if you want to compose words), and some more.

• RolandRoland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to Nélson Cunha's comment. Google's Pinyin keyboard allows capitalization by sliding up and symbol by sliding down. It is such a useful feature

• DanhDanh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a feature I miss from smart keyboard! Ability to customise what up, down, left and right swipes do.

• El CarumbaEl Carumba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes also swipe left to delete one character rather than a word. Swipe right for a space. Ok we have preferences so I'd like to see gestures configurable in settings.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A thousand times yes! This takes care of many other suggestions I see here: different tenses/ word forms (plural, past tense, verb vs noun), as well as showing other possible intended words.

• Greg Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, would love this as well. Smart Keyboard Pro has this nailed. I'd like to swipe UP for word delete. It's easier!

• Adrian_FAdrian_F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also be ok with this is you only added back in the option from the previous version to swipe up for upper case. I had really gotten used to that. Thanks!

• Nélson CunhaNélson Cunha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd say even more... swipe up for upper-case and swipe-down for any simbol on that key (not just numbers)
        Take a look at this old keyboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtFRarsgnEM that came with my first android phone. Check at 2:23.
        I'd love that keyboard.

Every letter would have a number/symbol as an alternative, that could be quickly called by swipping down.

• Paul HudsonPaul Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That doesn't really do it for upper-case, though. And I don't want a shorter long-press time, i just make more accidental long presses that way.

Try touchpal for a bit - it really is convenient (it's one of the few things that keyboard gets right though!)

• AdeAde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And then we can remove the shift key, or at least make it smaller! good idea! I never use the "swipe down to minimise keyboard" anyway

• CarlCarl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should also be able to take you to the 'end' of what you're typing. As in, go back, fix some words and swipe right to go back to the end and continue typing.

• Mauricio HabertMauricio Habert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea wasn't to change, but to expand. "Right to left sweep " would continue to equal delete... but "fast right to left THEN BACK TO RIGHT" would equal "cursor back". (please reconsider, thanks anyway)

• Christian ColletChristian Collet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'd like a "wiggle" right to left to delete all text (or maybe just to last period), as I'm very fond of swipe right to left to delete whole words.

• New Swiftkey UserNew Swiftkey User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a look at this screenshot. Thsi is what happens in the "swype" keyboard when you swype form the "swype" key to the "sym" key:
        http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/swypescreenshotevo3d.jpg/

As you can see, you get a whole new keyboard with tons of functionality that most people can only dream of with an on screen keyboard.

It sure would be nice if swiftkey did something like this too.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base