Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter PoulsenPeter Poulsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hyphenated word improvement  ·   · 
    Annie GirardAnnie Girard shared a merged idea: Supprimer l'espace entre des mots liés par un trait d'union, comme : appelle -moi, centre -ville, etc.  ·   · 
    Marco LameirinhasMarco Lameirinhas shared a merged idea: words with hyphen  ·   · 
    Pedro CorrêaPedro Corrêa shared a merged idea: A better suport for words using hyphen in portugues/french/spanish!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Predictive text words with hyphan  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Hyphenated words should be added to the dictionary  ·   · 

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ErikErik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I just bought this and like the tenth word I want to type was T-shirt, are you saying that I need to type this manually from now on? The word exists but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to swipe it. I'm assuming this problem still isn't fixed.

• Richard S. HallRichard S. Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure why this is marked as "completed"...try typing in a name like "Ya-ching"...it never recognizes it when flowing, although it will guess it when typing. I don't have this issue with other flow/swipe keyboards.

• Laura MackLaura Mack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is driving me crazy. There are nonstandard English words that I need to hyphenate (because that's the grammatically correct way to type it) that I constantly have to go back to fix. Same thing with possessive apostrophes, Swiftkey always first assumes I didn't mean them. When I type "Sarah's" I really mean it! And with plural nouns, the apostrophe really does go after the s! Drives me crazy!

• Matthew SmithMatthew Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one that needs fixing urgently. It's become a big problem in SK4. Phrases like "well-documented" and "all-female" have to be specially programmed in, otherwise it will substitute "well documented" or "well - documented". Phrases like "the all-female group" or "the well-documented problem" are standard in English; the space is used in, say, "the problem is well documented" and the hyphens between spaces is simply wrong.

• Valentin ObersonValentin Oberson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Wayne : you're using the wrong hyphen to do what you're doing. You have tu use the long one to do this. – and not -

• Wayne RedhartWayne Redhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "fix" introduced an infuriating bug. I use a hyphen regularly- to highlight the following clause of a sentence. Why is it vanishing now? Please stop this infuriating new default and reinstate the vanishing punctuation that I am typing.

• Denis YurkinDenis Yurkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

However please be careful about auto-adding hyphenated words in general (even only in Russian). There are legit cases in Russian when regular words can be connected with hyphens still remaining different independent words, not parts of a single compound word. Like "пять-семь", "вода-мука-сахар" and others.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

typing "fazes-me":
        type fazes
        accept correction
        press backspace
        press hyphen
        press backspace
        type me

this is not swift at all!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Swiftkey 3 recognizes "space" as a character, but the dash is still not supported? Shame.

• Bjørn EngsigBjørn Engsig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHEN (that is not IF) when you add this, you need to allow any punctuation to be part of a learned word. I e.g. type "Mv&bh" very frequently. And do you realize how hard it is to type "e.g." ?

• RicardoRicardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the Portuguese language it is essential to have hyphens

please add them...

• agreyowlagreyowl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having to always add hyphens manually is a huge pain, especially with the auto spaces that get added and then have to be erased. There are plenty of hyphenated words in English, as well as other languages, and those of us who care about proper punctuation are greatly slowed down by this problem. Please address this issue. I'm getting extremely frustrated. It's almost a big enough deal that I don't want to use SwiftKey.

• JulianoJuliano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many words in portuguese that have dash like "peço-te", "fizeste-me", etc... This IS A ESSENTIAL UPGRADE...

• JulianoJuliano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My middle name has a dash:

Dal-Ri

I'd like to save this as a whole word. I Thank you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base