How can we improve SwiftKey?

Spaces before "!" and "?" for French language.

In french we put spaces before "?" and "!".
It will be cool if siftkey can do it.
Otherwise, the siftkey doesn't work very well on HTC "notes" app.
Thank you.

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hugo PerineauHugo Perineau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Irving PoeIrving Poe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!
        It does indeed add the spaces but only as long as you use only the French dictionary.
        English takes over if both actives, soo 2 options :
        Easy one, an option to always add or not this space.
        Hard one : detect if the phrase is English or French to know what to do ;) but judging from the last word would be enough I guess.
        It may not seem a big deal, but if considering professional emails in multilingual environment it could be important. Especially because fixing it requires manually moving the cursor right before the mark to add the space you know it can be a pain ;)

• xSwiftxSwift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, it's working great when using the French keyboard. Unfortunately, I write and work in 3 languages (FR, EN, NL) and when I active those 3, it uses the EN punctuation.

Is there a way to change the preference order in the languages ?

• William William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's great! I removed and didn't buy SwiftKey 2 because of this matter. I'm delighted to see it fixed I am this new version which is very efficient. Great job!

• Vitaliy SedletskiyVitaliy Sedletskiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also would be great if a space before ")" or "(" might be customized (spaces is auto-removes for now). i usually using ")))"-like smileys and it's annoying when they mixed with last word.

• Valeryan_24Valeryan_24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree, space is neede before "!" and "?" in french. Same for "&" : a space is automatically added after, but not before.

Also for ":" and ";" : there is a space before AND after, for the moment SwiftKey does not add automatically, neither of them.

Please could you add this setting ?

Last, if we also could have the option (personnalization) for "-" "/" and "="

Thanks !

Feedback and Knowledge Base