How can we improve SwiftKey?

A toggle button to switch to other keyboards.

Since the keyboard doesn't have asian language support, I need a quick way to switch to another keyboard.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa CarmanLisa Carman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Rather than occupying valuable real estate on the keyboard itself, you can easily change your Input Method without going into your Settings.

On ICS (Android 4.0) phones, you can do this by opening your keyboard, and then tapping the keyboard icon in your notification bar. On other phones, you can simply longpress any text entry cell and then click from there.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evan TapperAdminEvan Tapper (Admin, SwiftKey) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an extremely limited amount of 'real-estate' on the on-screen keyboard. Did you all know that you can easily switch what keyboard you are using?

On phones running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), when the keyboard is on screen, you can tap the keyboard icon in your notification bar to switch Input Methods.

On phones running Android 2.0 (Gingerbread), when the keyboard is on screen, you can simply longpress any text entry cell and select your Input Method in that manner.

Does that help?

• Will FarquharsonWill Farquharson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this badly... It's a huge hassle to switch to Thai. It could maybe be a "hold" action on the space bar?

Feedback and Knowledge Base