How can we improve SwiftKey?

switch "voice input' with "voice typing" in ICS.

Allow to change the voice input option. so we would be able to use the voice typing engine in ICS.

1,528 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: support Google's ICS speech input  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: voice typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please allow Google voice typing  ·   · 
    Justin Justin shared a merged idea: Add Google speech to text.  ·   · 
    Jamie HobertJamie Hobert shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Zack ArnoldZack Arnold shared a merged idea: ics voice typing  ·   · 
    MastergalenMastergalen shared a merged idea: voice typing  ·   · 
    chasechase shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Jason KatzJason Katz shared a merged idea: ics voice typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    JoseJose shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Jared BriceJared Brice shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Alex CarvalloAlex Carvallo shared a merged idea: Either give an option to use Google's stock voice to text or make yours like theirs that shows text as you speak and allows for hesitation.  ·   · 
    CoreyCorey shared a merged idea: Give option to select different voice input  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Voice recognition fix  ·   · 
    joyjoy shared a merged idea: voice  ·   · 
    GeoffreyGeoffrey shared a merged idea: Better voice command  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: For voice recognition, can the link be to the voice typing instead?  ·   · 
    Alex IkejianiAlex Ikejiani shared a merged idea: Voice input  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS Voice Typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow ics voice recognition option for SwiftKey mic button  ·   · 
    Jahrid PierreJahrid Pierre shared a merged idea: Be able to hit a button and activate the google voice typing Galaxy Nexus  ·   · 
    Sandra NoriegaSandra Noriega shared a merged idea: swiftkey voice recogniton gives me options, not feasible to choose one while driving. Can this feature (3 choices) be turned off?  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: Voice input change in ICS  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: Voice input change  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS voice input is not working. It should write words as you speak.  ·   · 
    Matt SokolinskiMatt Sokolinski shared a merged idea: enable dictation in android 4.0. pressing microphone button turns on normal voice Action  ·   · 
    Joshua MimsJoshua Mims shared a merged idea: An option to turn off voice input suggestions.  ·   · 
    Donald RayDonald Ray shared a merged idea: Make voice recognition continuous until cancel like it is on Better Keyboard 8  ·   · 
    Brandon LindquistBrandon Lindquist shared a merged idea: Add option to disable "best match" window from popping up after voice input.  ·   · 

147 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

refuse to buy until i can get real time voice to text. its right there in the notification drop down as a choice. just make the change. guess its back to stock for now...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this needs to be done. Why not take advantage of the voice typing? I may need an alternative.

• willwill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll switch back to all switch back to swiftkey when this gets done

• Dave StevensDave Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Especially after using JellyBean for the last 24 hours. The voice input in JellyBean is even better than that in Ice Cream Sandwich. It would be nice to at least have the option of configuring which other input is used when long-pressing comma.

• Umberto SonninoUmberto Sonnino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voice typing in ICS is pretty amazing! I hope you can implement it, it's still the ONE feature that Stock Keyboard has got on Swiftkey

• Brett LudwigBrett Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the trial currently, if this feature gets implemented I'll buy the product, otherwise nope.

• Jim PattersonJim Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love SwiftKey, v3 is great, BUT I am addicted to Voice Typing.
        I switch input options to use Voice Typing, and then never change back to SwiftKey. Which stinks, because when I type, I really want to use SwiftKey (it is why I bought it)

Get this done! Then EVERYONE will want and use SwiftKey.
        Heck, If done well, Google will have to buy SwiftKey just to make sure a competitor doesn't end up with a patent on Awesome input methods

Until then, SwiftKey is nice, but no measurable reason to recommend SwiftKey to anyone.

• Chuck AndersonChuck Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every company has two constituents- potential customers and existing. Swiftkey in the way they are handling this ICS debacle shows their preference for the former and their contempt for the latter

• manishmanish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is terrible Swiftkey. ICS was released more than 9 months ago, and you guys STILL don't have the live voice-to-text feature. This is really disappointing. If the code is already there, why not come out with 2 version of Swiftkey. One for ICS and the other for all previous versions? As users below have said, how hard is it?!
        Sarah from Swiftkey has mentioned above that you started looking into it in Jan this year. 6 months have already passed, and still nothing?

• Chris AvilaChris Avila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm I thought it was just me, Yeah the "Voice Typing" doesn't work.. it launches "Voice Search" instead, has ever since the beta.

Why is the icon even there.. it closes whatever I'm doing by opening Voice Search.

I e-mailed the devs and they said: "We don't support custom ROMs, if we hear enough people on stock ROMs mention this we'll look into it"

Apparently their support people don't even know this IS an issue for ALL ICS users.

And their response to this idea was 6 months ago.

ಠ_ಠ

• rizriz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well guys I have been a early purchaser of swiftkey and then got swiftkey x and have yet to use it because of the voice input. Everything is a chore from the long press, slow to pop up, then the awful 3 choices that i have to re-read to figure out which one is right! Google pre/post ICS stock input is the way to go and I complained long ago on these forums and this still has never been fixed. Mind boggling way to make the best keyboard totally un-useable and not used buy people who purchased it :(

• ExhilarationExhilaration commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for considering this, it would be a really nice feature. Even if you leave the default as is and just make this an option.

• YaPaYYaPaY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I was excepted to see this feature on final version, I'm little disappoinment.

• Jason ChikowskiJason Chikowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is totally inexcusable! I can't believe I paid good money for this piece of crap keyboard that just came out, and it doesn't even support a basic feature that's been on my phone for the past 6 months! How is broken functionality not a priority over the ability to type a few words without using the space bar?! Thanks for screwing over your customers Swift Key, but this is the last time I will be fooled into buying a broken app!

• Justin Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add voice input! I agree with a regular press button, just like with stock ICS. Switching back over to regular keyboard for now, as this function is paramount!

Feedback and Knowledge Base