How can we improve SwiftKey?

switch "voice input' with "voice typing" in ICS.

Allow to change the voice input option. so we would be able to use the voice typing engine in ICS.

1,529 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mary Ann  draperMary Ann draper shared a merged idea: Voice Input  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: support Google's ICS speech input  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: voice typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please allow Google voice typing  ·   · 
    Justin Justin shared a merged idea: Add Google speech to text.  ·   · 
    Jamie HobertJamie Hobert shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Zack ArnoldZack Arnold shared a merged idea: ics voice typing  ·   · 
    MastergalenMastergalen shared a merged idea: voice typing  ·   · 
    chasechase shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Jason KatzJason Katz shared a merged idea: ics voice typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    JoseJose shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Jared BriceJared Brice shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    Alex CarvalloAlex Carvallo shared a merged idea: Either give an option to use Google's stock voice to text or make yours like theirs that shows text as you speak and allows for hesitation.  ·   · 
    CoreyCorey shared a merged idea: Give option to select different voice input  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS Voice typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Voice recognition fix  ·   · 
    joyjoy shared a merged idea: voice  ·   · 
    GeoffreyGeoffrey shared a merged idea: Better voice command  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: For voice recognition, can the link be to the voice typing instead?  ·   · 
    Alex IkejianiAlex Ikejiani shared a merged idea: Voice input  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS Voice Typing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow ics voice recognition option for SwiftKey mic button  ·   · 
    Jahrid PierreJahrid Pierre shared a merged idea: Be able to hit a button and activate the google voice typing Galaxy Nexus  ·   · 
    Sandra NoriegaSandra Noriega shared a merged idea: swiftkey voice recogniton gives me options, not feasible to choose one while driving. Can this feature (3 choices) be turned off?  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: Voice input change in ICS  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: Voice input change  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ICS voice input is not working. It should write words as you speak.  ·   · 
    Matt SokolinskiMatt Sokolinski shared a merged idea: enable dictation in android 4.0. pressing microphone button turns on normal voice Action  ·   · 
    Joshua MimsJoshua Mims shared a merged idea: An option to turn off voice input suggestions.  ·   · 
    Donald RayDonald Ray shared a merged idea: Make voice recognition continuous until cancel like it is on Better Keyboard 8  ·   · 
    Brandon LindquistBrandon Lindquist shared a merged idea: Add option to disable "best match" window from popping up after voice input.  ·   · 

145 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just downloaded SwiftKey and so far so good, but I do not know how to use the voice dictation for text and email. Would appreciate some education on this.

• SpeedwagonSpeedwagon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spoke with Samsung this AM and they assure me the Google Voice Typing feature should still work with JB. However, they could not figure out how to activate it on my phone other than suggesting a cold reset. Not gonna happen! Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?

• SuperflySuperfly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree with Simon (Nov 17). Just got ICS on my SGS3 and Speech to Text only works when I'm on a wifi connection. Does NOT work with LTE unless I manually select Google Voice. It used to just happen if I clicked the microphone.

• Simon Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The speech to text does not work on Samsung galaxy S iii using jellybean

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I get rid of that pop up window when using voice dictaion, it is one too many steps.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great job with the new update! I'm a long time user of your wonderful keyboard, and with the addition of ics voice typing I'm even more impressed. Thanks for listening to the community and producing such a fine product.

• Dayo OyedepoDayo Oyedepo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single most awesome feature I've been waiting for since ICS. Thanks guys for incorporating this.
        Keep up the good work.

• Adrien G. Adrien G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, now, that's perfect. I love the fix. With this fix, you will get tons of new people coming to you. Thumbs up...

Swiftkey you really made a big mistake by not incorporated ice cream sandwich voice to text as an option with a keyboard. As a result I have switched to using the stock android keyboard because personally I like the fact that allows me to use the native voice to text that google offers with ice cream sandwich without any hassle.

• Michael DycusMichael Dycus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey admin responded in January. Verizon just updated many phones to ICS. SwiftKey ratings dropping in play store.

Swift key is an excellent program, but the voice typing in ICS is superior and should be an option

• CaryCary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of the garbage SwiftKey voice search and implement Google's. Why was the SwiftKey one used in the first place

• Adrien G. Adrien G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only time i used voice dictation was using swiftkey and i thought that how it was working until i tried my wife's phone and her regular swype keyboard coming with the HTC one S and I loved it. Printing as the same time you dictate is how it should be. I am only giving 3 because thats the max i can give. I would give all my vote if i could....
        Please implement ASAP, please pretty please, it is all there for you already.

• Azim AliAzim Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is simply ridiculous. With the code already shared here what looks like 2 times already, there is NO (logical) REASON this isn't in SwiftKey.

I wouldn't call the developers lazy. They know how easy it is to implement. This is a management decision. Something they aren't willing to share with their customers. Its possible voice typing some how hinders their product (for example, can't collect data on whats being typed).

Unfortunately, there is very little we can do as paying customers. They've already got our money. Their job is done as far as they're concerned. Voicing our frustration here has little affect and obviously a wasted effort.

Android 4.1 has a predictive typing engine (doesn't seem as good as SwiftKey). Hopefully google improves it in future iterations, making SwiftKey obsolete.

If swiftkey was willing, I'd love to get my money back!

links:

1. http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/12/add-voice-typing-to-your-ime.html
        2. https://code.google.com/p/google-voice-typing-integration/

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base