How can we improve SwiftKey?

Keys Width

Please add Keys width modification option for portrait and landscape modes. the keys are too narrow.
HTC DESIRE HD.

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdiAdi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Alex Alex shared a merged idea: customizable width  ·   · 
    declined  ·  SarahAdminSarah (Support Representative, SwiftKey) responded  · 

The width of the keys is determined by the width of your phone. The whole keyboard is touch-sensitive (there are no gaps between the keys) and SwiftKey’s input modelling adapts to the way that you interact with your screen to make typing easier. Check out your heatmap (under Settings>Stats) to see how SwiftKey adapts to the way that you type.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim Bryant FrederickJim Bryant Frederick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I am always having problems. And it really looks like there is a lot of extra space. Regardless of. How smart this thing is supposed to be, I am having a LOT more issues with this keyboard and typos than before. Uninstalling until fixed.

• Nikku NayarNikku Nayar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 I'm a new user, love the app, but need wider keys. There is some room available that is not being used. I need to be able to choose a keyboard with a tiny amount of space between each key. Please! Again, absolutely love the predicitive function.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Size of keys is result of placement. Need less keys on main keyboard.

• John BallJohn Ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The second row of keys could fill the screen instead of having wasted space at each end. The shift key could be wider at the expense of the backspace key (I'm forever hitting "z" instead of shift). The SwiftKey key should be removed and the functions added to the menu.

• Jason MakJason Mak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am thinking that the keys could just have more space between them like the stock keyboard, which would make aiming for them that little bit easier.

• Andre RibeiroAndre Ribeiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! add options to choose the width of keys, or to remove some of them that aren't necessary.... Make space key bigger... remove "Swyftkey key" and "question key" for example...

Feedback and Knowledge Base