How can we improve SwiftKey?

I often press the 'b' key instead of 'space' - could you identify and auto-correct words likebthis or likevthis

I am constantly hitting the 'b' key instead of the 'space' key, so my words often lookbsomething likebthis - could you write some logic that can recognize two or more valid words separated by a 'b' character, and auto-correct it?

1,211 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan KirbyDan Kirby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ADWolfADWolf shared a merged idea: Needs to be able to split words such as when the space is missing as a separator.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: The space bar is way too small. Most of my typos come from trying to hit the space bar but i wind up hitting the letter v or b  ·   · 
    Wai Fung Wai Fung shared a merged idea: Have a function for forgetting to press the spacebar, so words do not get joint and are automatically separated.  ·   · 
    EricEric shared a merged idea: Make it where it can recognize v and billed in between words. I hit those a lot with my right thumb instead of space  ·   · 
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Auto correct for two words that might be linked from a letter above the spacebar. Ie. Reallyvgood  ·   · 
    Seth RusackasSeth Rusackas shared a merged idea: Increase spacebar accuracy  ·   · 
    Clarence TangClarence Tang shared a merged idea: Provide key suggestions utilising multiple words?  ·   · 
    JMA SiewertJMA Siewert shared a merged idea: Recognize "b" and "v" as missed spacebar presses!  ·   · 

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sorry but this does not help, for me at least. An option to increase the pixels of the space bar hight might though. Please consider this.

• JustinJustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may have fixed the problem for two words... but can you please extend this to many more words.

I often findbmyselfbhavingbtypedblikevthis, and then I have to literally delete everything and go back and retype... exremely annoying.

• SarahAdminSarah (Support Representative, SwiftKey) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

Even though we've tripled our server capacity, interest in SwiftKey 3 has temporarily placed our servers under a lot of pressure. We'll get it back up at our earliest opportunity.

Thanks very much for your patience!

Best Regards,

Sarah

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to this list as well. Stopped recommending swiftkey to people until this is fixed. Extremely frustrating. Ditch the "swiftkey" key as well.

• EliEli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I DO THIS EVERY SINGLE TEXT AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE. ITS TEARING MY FAMILY APART, IM LOSING ALL OF MY FRIENDS. MAKE IT STOP PLEASE

No, but seriously, it frustrates me to no end. This is literally the only problem I have with Swift Key. I am *this close* to switching to a different keyboard because it messes up my texts so much.

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The letter v is my most common press instead of the space bar. c and b are the next common mistakes pressed instead of the spacebar. I know my iPad splits words that need to be spaced so it's definitely obtainable. Please fix soon. Thisvis the only flaw in my daily usage.

• Jason Pyktel Jason Pyktel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I have it sometimes where push wrong letters and creates a word that doesn't even exist and where if write like andgoing together it won't automatically space between them.Therefore creating extra double work having to travel back and fix applying space between word's.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to detecting words separated by the "be key" other letters like n and v and the period key should be included as well

• EliotEliot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

God I need this so badly. It's incomprehensible to me that this isn't already a feature. If I was creating a keyboard that predicted/corrected, this would be one of the FIRST things to add, not a suggested feature. I want to uninstall it every time it happens to me. FIX THIS PLEASE.

• Andy LAndy L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact opposite problem, I keep hitting the space bar instead of the C, V, or B buttons. What is extra annoying about this is that it tends to mess up the prediction because now the space bar has turned my single word into two wrong words instead of 1 that hopefully would be corrected by the prediction.

• MarcMarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Celly's idea is the best one to solve this problem.

• CellyCelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really bothered by this as well, but I don't think that editing the auto correct engine is the way to fix it. The solution is to add couple pixel rows of "dead space" between the zxcvbnm row of the keyboard and the bottom administrative keys. Just separate the keyboard from the bottom row slightly, or just make the bottom row of keys smaller to allow for dead space without increasing the vertical footprint of the keyboard.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base