You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TimTim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Dedicated microphone key  ·   · 
    Chris Chris shared a merged idea: Make Voice Input primary key  ·   · 
    Chris Chris shared a merged idea: Microphone (mic) as primary key  ·   · 
    Chris Chris shared a merged idea: dedicated mic button  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated Voice key  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    Jim AdamsJim Adams shared a merged idea: Voice Recognition (mic) as primary function  ·   · 
    MiMi shared a merged idea: voice key primary function  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key / voice key as short tap  ·   · 
    Ali fardAli fard shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    JoeJoe shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    Scott DickinsonScott Dickinson shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    Tommy BridgesTommy Bridges shared a merged idea: dedicated voice button  ·   · 
    RyanRyan shared a merged idea: dedicated voice  ·   · 
    Gary Nikolish Gary Nikolish shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    RON Erickson RON Erickson shared a merged idea: Voice key needs to be one touch?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Voice text button should be modified  ·   · 
    jorgejorge shared a merged idea: Dedicated Voice Key  ·   · 
    David GrundyDavid Grundy shared a merged idea: Make Google talk to text, a option in the main menu.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Voice recognition  ·   · 
    Sherry Sherry shared a merged idea: Place microphone prompt on keyboard itself instead of sub menu  ·   · 
    Alessandro Alessandro shared a merged idea: It would be much more convenient to enter a voice command by pressing a single key on the keyboard as the original  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow an option for SwiftKey to not require 2 key presses in order to use voice input.  ·   · 
    Mario Limonciello Mario Limonciello shared a merged idea: make voice recognition primary function  ·   · 
    Dannie Oliver Dannie Oliver shared a merged idea: The speak to text function should be directly on the keyboard.  ·   · 
    Wally MaharWally Mahar shared a merged idea: Easy access to speaker key  ·   · 
    Kelly RisiusKelly Risius shared a merged idea: Voice key  ·   · 

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • archer53archer53 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(Paid user) Absolutely. I want either a full key dedicated, or primary key (no long-press) to voice OR, since voice is my primary way to enter text I'd like that to pop-up first (instead of the keyboard), and then, only when I want to use fingers, I can switch to keyboard. Even better - let me choose which aps I want the mic presented first and which apps I want the keyboard presented first.

• Michael Koch-SchulteMichael Koch-Schulte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A bigger voice button or dedicated button. While driving a dedicated button for voice would be a great benefit. Many times I'm driving down the road and rather than getting voice control I get a string of comma's because of a rough road or a bump. I would rather focus on the road than my finger.

• Justin LippertJustin Lippert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me as another one. If like to see a user editable key that I can assign a function to. Which would most likely be voice but options are nice. BTW I'm a paid SwiftKey user.  

• RoyRoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! I've kept SwiftKey off both of our phones due to this problem which should be trivial for the developers to fix.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not responded to yet?? It's frequently that I need to switch from typing to voice entry. Long press comma is a pain and dangerous when driving…

• Short PressShort Press commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mega Dittos. Fix it...PLEASE!! I bought it, but went back to competitor because of this issue.

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't this simple setting be an option so users can choose if they want a long press or set as the primary function. I too left SwiftKey in favor of the Google keyboard because they have a dedicated voice key.

Having to hold the key is a setting that users should be able to choose.

I am astonished that SwiftKey has not made this simple programming change!!

992 votes and no change even as an option?
        Does SwiftKey not listen to their customer's requests?

• Larry UrbanLarry Urban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please swap the voice input and comma... I dislike having to long press to activate voice input. Coma key is redundant with long press of coma key anyway. Thank you kindly!

1- I like the ability that's on my samsung Google stock keyboard two quick tap the mic versus having too long press the microphone button

• Michael WaiteMichael Waite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any response to this long needed feature? If there is not enough room for a dedicated button then at least make it long press on the space bar to activate voice. This is such a simple option to add, why not just do it. The comments go back years!

• mike Liverightmike Liveright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the voice input, microphone, is supported as a long push on the comma most of the time on the Nexus7, ver: 4.4.1.241, but when I am entering text into the 'home drag' Google find it doesn't appear. Brother, I assume this is an android 'feature', but if you can't 'fix' it perhaps you could leave the microphone (crossed out) to remind of us that you could supporting, and where it is.

Thanks.

• DeanSDeanS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

voice to text is very common way to work these days. maybe put the mic key is where the settings key can be a long press.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A dedicated voice key would be nice but even if it's not dedicated it needs to be much bigger.
        I would give up 1/3 of the spacebar to get a voice button 3x bigger !!

Agree - dedicated and right-side voice key would significantly improve the product.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base