• google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TimTim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated Voice key  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    Jim AdamsJim Adams shared a merged idea: Voice Recognition (mic) as primary function  ·   · 
    MiMi shared a merged idea: voice key primary function  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key / voice key as short tap  ·   · 
    Ali fardAli fard shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    JoeJoe shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    Scott DickinsonScott Dickinson shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    Tommy BridgesTommy Bridges shared a merged idea: dedicated voice button  ·   · 
    RyanRyan shared a merged idea: dedicated voice  ·   · 
    Gary Nikolish Gary Nikolish shared a merged idea: dedicated voice key  ·   · 
    RON Erickson RON Erickson shared a merged idea: Voice key needs to be one touch?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Voice text button should be modified  ·   · 
    jorgejorge shared a merged idea: Dedicated Voice Key  ·   · 
    David GrundyDavid Grundy shared a merged idea: Make Google talk to text, a option in the main menu.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Voice recognition  ·   · 
    Sherry Sherry shared a merged idea: Place microphone prompt on keyboard itself instead of sub menu  ·   · 
    Alessandro Alessandro shared a merged idea: It would be much more convenient to enter a voice command by pressing a single key on the keyboard as the original  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow an option for SwiftKey to not require 2 key presses in order to use voice input.  ·   · 
    Mario Limonciello Mario Limonciello shared a merged idea: make voice recognition primary function  ·   · 
    Dannie Oliver Dannie Oliver shared a merged idea: The speak to text function should be directly on the keyboard.  ·   · 
    Wally MaharWally Mahar shared a merged idea: Easy access to speaker key  ·   · 
    Kelly RisiusKelly Risius shared a merged idea: Voice key  ·   · 

81 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Larry UrbanLarry Urban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please swap the voice input and comma... I dislike having to long press to activate voice input. Coma key is redundant with long press of coma key anyway. Thank you kindly!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1- I like the ability that's on my samsung Google stock keyboard two quick tap the mic versus having too long press the microphone button

• Michael WaiteMichael Waite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any response to this long needed feature? If there is not enough room for a dedicated button then at least make it long press on the space bar to activate voice. This is such a simple option to add, why not just do it. The comments go back years!

• mike Liverightmike Liveright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the voice input, microphone, is supported as a long push on the comma most of the time on the Nexus7, ver: 4.4.1.241, but when I am entering text into the 'home drag' Google find it doesn't appear. Brother, I assume this is an android 'feature', but if you can't 'fix' it perhaps you could leave the microphone (crossed out) to remind of us that you could supporting, and where it is.

Thanks.

• DeanSDeanS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

voice to text is very common way to work these days. maybe put the mic key is where the settings key can be a long press.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A dedicated voice key would be nice but even if it's not dedicated it needs to be much bigger.
        I would give up 1/3 of the spacebar to get a voice button 3x bigger !!

Agree - dedicated and right-side voice key would significantly improve the product.

• MatyusMatyus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone about the dedicated button, i want to add that the voice recognition is lagging.
        in any other keyboard including the google keyboard the wording is instant. with swiftkey it takes 5-10 seconds for the entire sentence to appear.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of long pressing the comma to bring up the mic, it should be a long press to bring up the comma and single press for the mic.

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly have been forced to stop using SwiftKey, my otherwise favorite keyboard, due to the lack of a dedicated voice button which is absolutely necessary when using Evernote which is much more efficient than using the dictate option. In fact, the placement of a dedicated voice button to the left of the Enter key is the ideal placement as it allows you to easily dictate a long to do checklist into Evernote and similar apps. At the very least, SwiftKey should allows to customize the key placement on the bottom row.

YOU CAN MAKE THE MIC A PRIMARY FUNCTION!! I am lost without my mic. I'll probably have to quit using SwiftKey because of the lack of primary microphone option. Boo!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add a mic voice option. When driving it's my go to button and it's disheartening you guys don't have one and I love using you

I am a registered user for Android and find that it is to difficult for me to get the Voice button to work. Since you have not provided any solution, my only choice was to stop using your keyboard unfortunately. It was my only choice even though I want to use your keyboard for typing. How sad!

This needs to get resolved ASAP. It drive me nuts that I don't have a dedicated microphone.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base