How can we improve SwiftKey?

Don't autocorrect a word when the user backs up and deletes part of it,. People want it: http://redd.it/122sp3

Don't autocorrect a word when the user backs up and deletes part of it.

Whenever SwiftKey autocorrects a word that is almost correct (e.g. "bikes" instead of "bike"), don't autocorrect the word back to "bikes" if the user deletes the 's'.

As of right now, #1 post on Reddit!: http://redd.it/122sp3

4,339 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DavidDavid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Sarah ReynoldsAdminSarah Reynolds (Support Representative, SwiftKey) responded  · 

SwiftKey Cloud (4.2) has now been released to market! This version of SwiftKey includes improved backspace behavior so that suggested words now prioritize exact text entered after backspace is used to fix a mis-correction or completion.

If you have previously purchased SwiftKey, you should be able to update for free (use the same account and app store).

See our blog post for more info: http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/swiftkey-cloud-launched/

Thanks for your support!

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian SayatovicBrian Sayatovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed the latest, with "cloud", but cloud sign-in fails. FWIW my account is a Google Apps account, and uses 2-factor authentication.

• DonSDonS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely frustrating. Either a long-spacebar to force a space and no auto correction, or backspace to un-auto-correct the word will be 100x better than what it does. If I noticed this during the trial, I never would never have bought Swiftkey.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being new to SK, I tried some things thinking maybe there was a way to force skipping the prediction and auto correcting a name I was trying to type. I tried holding space bar, seemed intuitive to me :-) Then I looked up gestures and help FAQ and discovered this suggestion. However, I like the idea of a "long press" on space to suppress all auto-actions until next word.

• MariuszMariusz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is simillar problem that might be solved and implemented together with this one: http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116689-1-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/4119210 I suggest to not autocorrect when single key (letter key or "backspace" key) is pressed. Just add option to autocorrect only when I type by flow (for flow keyboard users). If (using_flow==1 && using_single_key=1) {dictionary=0;} else {dictionary=1;} ;-)

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe I'm missing something... but isn't this a non-issue if you just change your options to where the space bar doesn't input a prediction? then you can just delete part of a word, hit space, and keep going...

• Jøë CastellonJøë Castellon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh lord PLEASE implement this! It's such a nightmare sometimes to tell SwiftKey THIS is what I'm trying to type! If I hit backspace to undo SwiftKey redoes over and over and over! A single backspace should be clue that I don't like the predicted word.

• DagmarDagmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2,793 votes and still nothing got changed. It used to be standard feature before installing Swiftkey.
        PLEASE FIX.

well Sarah, thanks for answer and understand, really. but now we all need that change, not only we, I know a lot of users that remove SwiftKey Trial for this, and don't give change to the memory prediction that haves, it's really a shame. I assure you that will be a pleasure to recomment the app to all they when fix it.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am uninstalling SwiftKey because of this very problem. I keep typing a word that I know is correct, and it goes back and changes it. It will not let me type the correct word. Too frustrating. I liked the app otherwise because its predictions and ease of use are better than other programs I have tried

• Laura Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oooh yes, this would be great, as often i don't realise what I've written until I've already sent the message, and the substituted words are sometimes VERY embarrassing. This happens a lot while writing in a different language. Please fix?
        This is by far the best predictive keyboard that I've seen, and if it's able to learn from your choices surely it'll be able to learn from your corrections? Thanks

Please swift key add this feature I bought hope keyboard just now. I am missing the back key for undoing auto correction.
        Please sixty key add this feature.

• Oleg AtamanenkoOleg Atamanenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm wondering why this is not implmeented yet. I often typing russian, and russian dictionary provided with Swiftkey suck,s. So, it often replaces word entered by me with some "auto-corrections". I feel myself frustrated, cause I forced to retype the whole word again. I hope, this will be fixed soon.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice snarky response from support... Other android keyboards do exactly what the poster is asking for, no mind-reading required!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base